Subject: Which one? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MICHAEL MCGUIRE
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Combat Commander, Empire of the Sun, or Enemy Action Ardennes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy C
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Based on my experiences with these 3 games, and your stated preferences, the correct answer is all of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luka Kovač Plavi
Croatia
Našice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on the amount of time you have and who are you playing.

CC you can play two missions in an evening, Empire of the Sun you can play in a day if you start early enough (probably not for the first few plays), and ardennes you will play for a while before finishing your first game.

Buy accordingly to what you prefer/are able to do as far as your time and gaming partner(s) go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure why you're posting this here. All these games are drastically different.

I didn't find EotS fun at all for solo play if that's at all important to you. Actually that's too kind. It was very painful to be honest.

If you're specifically looking for solitaire go for Ardennes. If solo is not the priority, then do CC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Godinho
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never played any of these solitaire but have played all of them face to face. They scratch all itches for me. CC tells a great story and is quite fun. EA:A is elegant and surprisingly has space in an already done to death topic (Bulge) and EotS is a brain burning satisfying experience that should be played against someone of equal skill.

Sorry but get all them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Olsen
Denmark
Ringsted
Danmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CommanderMcG wrote:
Combat Commander, Empire of the Sun, or Enemy Action Ardennes?

Combat Commander:Europe if you want a fun 2 player game where each game tells a different story. The fun factor is very high on this one in my opinion.

Enemy Action Ardennes if you want an immersive solo game (well, 2 actually) which does take quite some time to complete.
There is a 2 player game included also of course, and I suspect that is a lot of fun *but* takes a lot of time both the play and learn.

Empire of the Sun I would not get. Especially not for solo play (one of the worst gaming experiences of my life).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.