1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [19] | 

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » General

Subject: Merch store update rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leao Carvalho
msg tools
Hey folks,

My name is Leao and I work on the MvM team as well.

First of all, I want to apologize for the bad experience you guys might be having trying to purchase MvM (I have been pressing my F5 button non-stop myself). Reality is that we have never shipped a board game before and the rush of people into the store funnel is beyond what we were expecting or prepared to handle.

Additionally, I want to assure you that we are working to solve the issue as fast as possible. I'll be here giving you guys update as I have them.

Finally, I want to remind everyone that this is not an exclusive, " buy-it-now-or-you-will-never-be-able-to-get-it" item. I know this doesn't sound ideal, but we will have additional copies to purchase in the upcoming months.

Again, so sorry for this and feel free to ask us any questions you might have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Mason
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
How quickly are the copies going? I would imagine you can see the numbers in real-time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matty Yavorsky
msg tools
The mountains are calling and I must go.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Number of units still available?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd Crosby
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will you be posting when the initial stock has been sold and you are no longer taking orders that will be shipped in the next few days?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brion Stone
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you could give rough counts of remaining copies for this wave we would appriciate it. I mean if it is sold out and we are just wasting our time please let us know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Leao, can you give us an idea of how far through the first wave you are? Many of us would like to know if it's worth spamming F5 for the next hour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fruit Eating Bear
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So you advertise the heck out of it, set a specific date and time for it, and couldn't anticipate the uptake? Amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shai Eizenman
msg tools
The issue I'm having is that the cart won't load, so I can't complete the order..
Is there a solution on the way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
As someone posted in a different thread, once it's sold out, that should be reflected on this page:

https://na.merch.riotgames.com/en/other/board-games/1241-00-...

In the meantime, let's be patient. They're good enough to start this thread to keep us updated, and they've been very active here on BGG since day one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the main frustration many of us have is that we very explicitly predicted exactly what's happening was going to happen.

"Oh, League of Legends is the biggest video game in the world," we were told. "Their servers will be fine."

Whoops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael S
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Fruit Eating Bear wrote:
So you advertise the heck out of it, set a specific date and time for it, and couldn't anticipate the uptake? Amazing.

You serious? Its a board game, everything is gonna be ok I promise. The guy came on here to provide an update and you are flaming him? Nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lowder
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Thank you for being connected to the community. I wish you well. There are a lot of very, very frustrated people here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Silberman
United States
Portola Valley
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the update. It is really disappointing particularly in light of the amount of publicity the game received in advance of the launch.

Presumably, the second/third wave will not be available in time for the holidays.

It is also going to be sad when the game is $200-$300 on eBay this evening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Pauly
Germany
Goettingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What about a reprint? Preorders? Other languages?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Maddalena
United States
Fort Meade
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gpsilberman wrote:

This. If I meet anyone who did this, I'll certainly be slapping them in the face, though I can't help but think there are a ton of those running around and they're partially responsible for this crash.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leao Carvalho
msg tools
We don't have a solid number (whatever I give you guys will be outdated in a few seconds).

What I can say is that we are not sold out yet, however we are seeing around 200 orders being processed every 5 mins.

This means that they are obviously going out fast, but also means that orders are being processed successfully. Keep trying is the best I can tell you atm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Teixeira
United States
Stroudsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Like everybody else, I thought this could happen; however, considering League of Legends is the largest online video game in the world, I hoped checkout wouldn't be an issue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lowder
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
gpsilberman wrote:
Thank you for the update. It is really disappointing particularly in light of the amount of publicity the game received in advance of the launch.

Presumably, the second/third wave will not be available in time for the holidays.

This. This. This.

We want pre-orders next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Ernst
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
game servers are not the same as merch store servers... Sorry, everyone. We're working on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leao Carvalho
msg tools
yeah, it is really not a great experience.

Game servers are different from the merch servers, as you might imagine.

To be honest, we were also trying to anticipate exactly these scenarios. However, since we have never shipped a board game, we tried preparing as best as we could for this. We were obviously wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Maddalena
United States
Fort Meade
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mattlowder wrote:

We want pre-orders next time.

What would a preorder have done that this didn't? If they announced a preorder opening time, same thing likely would have happened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Szymas
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eypyeash wrote:
gpsilberman wrote:

This. If I meet anyone who did this, I'll certainly be slapping them in the face, though I can't help but think there are a ton of those running around and they're partially responsible for this crash.

Yes, I'm sure you'll be willing to commit assault because someone is speculating on a luxury good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
London
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lionzz wrote:
We don't have a solid number (whatever I give you guys will be outdated in a few seconds).

What I can say is that we are not sold out yet, however we are seeing around 200 orders being processed every 5 mins.

This means that they are obviously going out fast, but also means that orders are being processed successfully. Keep trying is the best I can tell you atm.

so roughly 2400 in an hour out of 15,000. That's promising
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Schade
United States
West Deptford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lionzz wrote:
yeah, it is really not a great experience.

Game servers are different from the merch servers, as you might imagine.

To be honest, we were also trying to anticipate exactly these scenarios. However, since we have never shipped a board game, we tried preparing as best as we could for this. We were obviously wrong.

Understatement of the Day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnathan Morton
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
so if it is 200 every 5 minutes does that mean wave one is sold out?

sorry I was thinking 1500 not 15000

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [19] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.