Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arnaldo Horta Jr
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
People sell to distributors instead of trying to sell it themselves. Most companies don't have the infrastructure to make this work...it looks like Riot is no exception.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael S
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Diarmud wrote:
People sell to distributors instead of trying to sell it themselves. Most companies don't have the infrastructure to make this work...it looks like Riot is no exception.

ok.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f h
msg tools
Personally I'll take a little bit of hassle/pain for the cheaper price myself. This would easily be twice as much if sold through the normal distribution process. As someone from MvM just pointed out in another thread this is an not exclusive, but people are treating it that way. In a couple of days or so checkout will be just a normal process I'm sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Underwood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
And it doesn't look good for you...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found the process pleasant compared to buying Glastonbury festival tickets. Just keep trying it will get easier as more orders get processed and people give up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
My order just went through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, companies should stop having Black Friday sales since they clearly can't handle the initial rush. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Manteca
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure it sucks that the servers are having issues, but you hit anything with a large enough group and the servers will fail. Heck most MMos have 4 to 8 hour queue times to log in on launch day. To suggest the company cannot handle distributing their game because of a website surge is crazy. Also, the reason why this is not at a distributor is because of the choice to offer it to us cheaper. This game at a distributor would be at least $150. I for one am happy they did it themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaldo Horta Jr
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:
Yeah, companies should stop having Black Friday sales since they clearly can't handle the initial rush. shake

And this is the same reason I don't buy on Black Friday. I would rather pay more and not fight the throngs :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Bond
United States
Gulfport
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Diarmud wrote:
matthean wrote:

And this is the same reason I don't buy on Black Friday. I would rather pay more and not fight the throngs :-)

Same here. I have yet to go shopping on a Black Friday. Much more easier, and convenient, to just shop online and have it delivered to the house. No crowd fighting, no getting stuck in traffic. Besides, after browsing a lot of sales ads during that time, I have never found a deal worth going to the stores for in the first place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.