Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Davis - Personal
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, sorry for so many threads, questions. Just really into thinking about this game right now.

I'm about to sleeve my cards, and I was wondering if there was any reason NOT to sleeve the map cards along with their unique encounter cards if wanting to play with the advance encounter rule.

This way, when that map tile is drawn, the encounter for that map room is automatically bundled with it.

Any reason not to do this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Lieberoth Wadum
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
D_Davis wrote:
OK, sorry for so many threads, questions. Just really into thinking about this game right now.

I'm about to sleeve my cards, and I was wondering if there was any reason NOT to sleeve the map cards along with their unique encounter cards if wanting to play with the advance encounter rule.

This way, when that map tile is drawn, the encounter for that map room is automatically bundled with it.

Any reason not to do this?

Except being able to tell that the next card is probably an advanced encounter? No reason not to, I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It also removes those Encounters from the encounter deck. The advanced Encounter rule doesn't say to do this.

- Jee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's actually an interesting idea.
It's a bitch always sorting them out.
I like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davis - Personal
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Inspector Jee wrote:
It also removes those Encounters from the encounter deck. The advanced Encounter rule doesn't say to do this.

- Jee

Right! It makes those encounters more special and unique. Lord knows with the expansions I have PLENTY of non-unique encounters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davis - Personal
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
N0mE wrote:
That's actually an interesting idea.
It's a bitch always sorting them out.
I like it.

Yep! Especially with the encounter decks growing in size with the expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rcket scientst
msg tools
While I understand the rules do not say to do this, with all (or most) of the expansions, card packs, etc, I have not missed them from the Encounter deck. I do however keep a separate pile, rather than sleeve them together. Shuffling with sleeves is already a challenge for myself. If you keep them in a separate pile it is fairly quick to find one, rather than fishing it out of the sleeve, nicking the card edges, and shredding the sleeve half the time. Thick fingers and bad dexterity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Felts
United States
Hamilton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
rcketscientst wrote:
While I understand the rules do not say to do this, with all (or most) of the expansions, card packs, etc, I have not missed them from the Encounter deck. I do however keep a separate pile, rather than sleeve them together. Shuffling with sleeves is already a challenge for myself. If you keep them in a separate pile it is fairly quick to find one, rather than fishing it out of the sleeve, nicking the card edges, and shredding the sleeve half the time. Thick fingers and bad dexterity.

This is the way we do it as well. We have the Advanced Encounters separate and if we draw a map card that requires it I can usually find the card in the Advanced Encounter deck as quick as my son can find the tile in the accordion folder....sometimes it is a race!

Tim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, why not? Place it in the sleeve with the map card, only place it with the encounter showing instead of the back of the map card. Draw from the bottom of the deck. I think I'll do this, thanks for the idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.