Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island» Forums » General

Subject: Anyone else missing markers? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was super excited for the new edition. Pre-ordered it, picked it up at Essen, got to the hotel room and opened it and... missing tokens.
Not one or two, but 13 total, in different categories. cry

Anyone else got similar problems?

I sent an email to Portal. I hope they fix it fast because I need to get this played

UPDATE: turns out the missing black disks and red wound are a typo in the rulebook, not actually missing. As for the green disk and wooden token I had them replaced by Portal at Essen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked mine up but did not check it. Which markers specifically?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Muemmelmann wrote:

Wood, wound, black disks and one green disk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
torontoraptors wrote:
Muemmelmann wrote:

Wood, wound, black disks and one green disk.

That's scary. I'm watching this intently to see if anyone else has it. :O

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mine seem to be there
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I have a Z-Man version. I've yet to play it because I can't make any sense of the rules and only about 75% of the various pieces match the shape/color of pieces that are supposed to be in the box. Huge waste of money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
lucky henry wrote:

I have a Z-Man version. I've yet to play it because I can't make any sense of the rules and only about 75% of the various pieces match the shape/color of pieces that are supposed to be in the box. Huge waste of money.

I agree that even the ZMAN rulebook is poorly done (mostly just a mess), and I too remember the minor confusion with the tall shape of the cylinders in the rulebook vs. the squat shape of the cylinders (discs) in the game. Hardly worthy of being condemned for those flaws. There's still a gem of a game within.

How much are you hoping to get for your "huge waste of money?" (assuming you'll be parting with it)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dbolyard wrote:

How much are you hoping to get for your "huge waste of money?" (assuming you'll be parting with it)

I sent you a PM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hofland
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
Some problem here. Rulebook had 20 black disks and 10 white. I'm having 15 of both. Also missing 1 red wound marker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trea O
Netherlands
Zoetermeer
Zuid Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got the same problem, 5 wound tokens and 15 white/black.

Any idea if this was a manual misprint? I've also got two tokens which aren't mentioned in the manual. A bag and basket. Anyone has any clue about those?

And another question, how do you know what version it is (zman or portal). I've got portal contact info at the bottom. So thinking about sending them an e-mail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Tre2409 wrote:
I've got the same problem, 5 wound tokens and 15 white/black.

Any idea if this was a manual misprint? I've also got two tokens which aren't mentioned in the manual. A bag and basket. Anyone has any clue about those?

Exactly the same problem. Twice.
I went to their booth and exchanged my previous copy with a new one and the new one had the same problem (black/white discs and red wound). They then replaced the missing tokens
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there may be some confusion in this thread. The ZMAN rulebook doesn't specify how many cubes there are of any color. I have the ZMAN edition (the brown box with "ZMAN Games" printed clearly on it), and I too have 15 black and 15 white plastic cubes.

The newly released Portal edition (the one pictured on the game's main page) rulebook does specify how many cubes there are of each type and color. And it does read 20 black plastic cubes and 10 white plastic cubes. As an experienced player, I can tell you that this number certainly makes more sense for how many you may need for various things throughout the game, as the rules instruct you to use them.

Despite the rules instructing me to use black cubes to mark things like roof, palisade, and weapon level, I've always used the white ones. I also use the white ones to mark morale, remaining uses on starting items, and remaining uses on treasure cards. As a result, I have plenty of black cubes to mark inventions, blocked food/wood sources, etc. The 15 white/15 black count existing in the ZMAN edition doesn't make the game less playable AT ALL. If this number remains the same in the newest edition, then they had the right idea when they wrote the rulebook. Sounds like they may have just went with the count found in the ZMAN edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay I also have only 5 red cubes and 15 and 15 black and white discs. Should have checked while at Spiel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even after all of these various iterations of the game over several years, they STILL can't get it right. This confirms my resolve to never again waste my money on a game by these swindlers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Muemmelmann wrote:
Okay I also have only 5 red cubes and 15 and 15 black and white discs. Should have checked while at Spiel.

Assuming this is the English version, it sounds like this will be a trend?

I guess the question is whether this impacts the game in any way, or whether it is essentially a parts list errata.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes English. Did anyone get a copy without this problem? I will be interested in hearing the reply from portal but lets let them get back from essen first
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Kizilis
United Kingdom
Ashford
KENT
flag msg tools
badge
Jolan Tru!
mbmbmbmbmb
Opened mine today.

Same Problem:

15 black disks (instead of 20)
15 white disks (instead of 10)
5 red cubes (instead of 6)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksander Idziak
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't worry. I think it's misprint in instruction, not a lack of components. In Polish GotY edition there was 5 wound tokens and 15/15 black/white markers. You don't need any more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trea O
Netherlands
Zoetermeer
Zuid Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I got a very descriptive reply from portal games
"I am sorry for problems. There is a mistake in a rule book"

So I guess we don't have to worry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played it today, no problem

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Quinn
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same Problem, but I guess it's just a misprint, no biggie.

15 black disks (instead of 20)
15 white disks (instead of 10)
5 red cubes (instead of 6)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Harasimowicz
Germany
Hilden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tre2409 wrote:

I got a response from Portal as well. It's a misprint. 5/15/15 is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tre2409 wrote:

In other words, after many versions, updates, and reprints they *still* can't be bothered to adequately proofread the product before selling it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lucky henry wrote:
Tre2409 wrote:

In other words, after many versions, updates, and reprints they *still* can't be bothered to adequately proofread the product before selling it.

Have to admit my surprise and disappointment... I sold off my Z-man version to get the fully revised one. Yet, it's barely out and already new stuff detected. Let's see if anything else pops up...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Logus Vile wrote:
lucky henry wrote:
Tre2409 wrote:

Have to admit my surprise and disappointment... I sold off my Z-man version to get the fully revised one. Yet, it's barely out and already new stuff detected. Let's see if anything else pops up...

I would bet money on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.