3 Posts

Luna» Forums » Rules

Subject: Taking two herbs in the same round? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steram Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi, I realise you can't ever have 2 of the same tokens at the same time, or you cannot use the herb power to re-activate your guys to go back on the herb island, but is the following legal.
1) Use 2 guys to take a herb token, later in round use two different guys to gain sail boat, on another turn use herb token to re-activate the guys who took the sail boat token,later, use sail boat on these re-activated guys to move them both to the herb island, then on a later turn use those guys who travelled there with the sail boat to gain another herb token?

2) your guys who have been kicked out of the monastery, you can only move them with the sail boat or the tidal wave action?
thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rather
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
I can feel the thunder that's breaking in your heart
badge
I know you're dead inside, and that's what I like
mbmbmbmbmb
Stevieram wrote:
Hi, I realise you can't ever have 2 of the same tokens at the same time, or you cannot use the herb power to re-activate your guys to go back on the herb island, but is the following legal.
1) Use 2 guys to take a herb token, later in round use two different guys to gain sail boat, on another turn use herb token to re-activate the guys who took the sail boat token,later, use sail boat on these re-activated guys to move them both to the herb island, then on a later turn use those guys who travelled there with the sail boat to gain another herb token?

2) your guys who have been kicked out of the monastery, you can only move them with the sail boat or the tidal wave action?
thanks

1. That's legal, but it's a lot of work to do almost nothing.

2. That's correct.

Enjoy the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
There are even more abusive plays that are legal. If you have a temple on both herb island and novice island you can do an 'infinite' loop. For example with two meeples on novice island you can do the following:
1. Activate 1 meeple on novice island to get a novice tile
2. Activate 1 meeple on novice island to move up the council
3. Use the novice tile to take an herb tile
4. Use the herb to reactivate the 2 meeples on novice island
5. GOTO 1.

Such things don't manifest because it will be in someone's interest to end the round and 4 turns to gain 1 step on the council is terrible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.