Subject: Number of copies in print rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J. Aalbers
Canada
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I'm just curious if anyone knows how many total copies of this game and its various expansions were actually made?

How many 1st edition?
How many 2nd edition?
How many BotTA?
How many LoME
How many WoME?

I have a friend who arrived late to the party and is now trying to acquire the second edition and its two expansions, and he's had a tough time finding the base game and the first expansion. It's out of stock everywhere, so he's looking at paying way above the original sale price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
New print run coming soon:

"The War of the Ring Second Edition base game and its first expansion, Lords of Middle-earth are presently sold out, but they are now being reprinted and will be available again in the second half of November."

Source: http://www.aresgames.eu/17296
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tell him to hold fire and be patient.

Warriors of Middle-earth expansion is starting to hit the stores now (purchased mine today from my OLGS).

According to Ares Games, the base game and Lords of Middle-earth have undergone a reprint and should (hopefully) be in the shops November/December time.

No need to pay those inflated prices listed by the e-bay sharks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walts
Scotland
Kilwinning
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ares Games wrote:
War of the Ring should be in shops again by mid-December, there was a small delay.

An official reply from Ares Games. I'd emailed them directly, with
the response coming in a few days ago ... Walts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about the original question? Any estimates on how many copies are in circulation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Maxfield
msg tools
mbmbmb
I remember seeing this in another thread. Roberto from Ares was estimating the numbers in print. I don't know exactly when it was, but if you search the history, you may find it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
Germany
flag msg tools
Here you go: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/22719998#22719998

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nosdasil wrote:

Thanks. I had forgotten that thread...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.