Subject: How to play long distance? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe H.
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
Firstly sorry if this is in the wrong place or common knowledge or something but I lack any friends within the same state as me but I know a few online through various means and we all chat on Discord frequently. I'm Trying to figure out a way to play some of my games with them over Discord but I've never really had to figure out how to do this until now. In particular they seem interested in Descent 2ed, Mansions of Madness 2ed, Grimslingers and in the future Kingdom Death. Hopefully someone out there is smarter than I am, and sorry if this is a bad post or something :V

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
PBEM. You could email moves back and forth. During the Korean War, my dad played my aunt in chess by regular mail. It took awhile but they were able to complete their game over a few months. You would have to set up the board and move when contacted while your opponent has a corresponding board set up and move in kind. If you have patience it will be a good time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Brighton
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure about the specific games you mention but I game remotely via online sites (e.g. boardgamearena.com), Vassal (vassal.org) or via specific game servers (e.g. Race for the Galaxy, Memoir 44). With a web cam and Skype/Google+ we also get live 'table-talk'! Of course YMMV!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H.
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
the other problem with the long play of emails and such is I really don't have the room to leave stuff set up for weeks, I can spare it for a night or two but I live in a very tiny space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tabletop Simulator on Steam. It's pretty great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H.
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
If I knew how to make assets i'd do that in a heartbeat -w- since what I'm playing doesn't seem to wholly be there...I suppose I can also just stick to single player. It exists for a reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Brighton
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Warp wrote:
Tabletop Simulator on Steam. It's pretty great.

thumbsup Just make sure your computer meets its system requirements. Foolishly I didn't and it just grinds. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.