Subject: Raetia Prima / Lugdunesis Senonia rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"DEFEAT: A player with the most glory among all players must choose: ..."

Is this meant to include players who are not participating in the clash, as a kind of catch up mechanism? Or just all players participating in the clash?

Lugdunensis Senonia has a similiar wording, only it's the fewest glory and he gains something.

Belgica Prima:

"Destroy all participating x,y,z"

-> I guess this is the defeat condition, as it's below the line, were all other cards say defeat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MarseilleDB MarseilleDB
Poland
flag msg tools
Hello,

About your questions:

Quote:
"DEFEAT: A player with the most glory among all players must choose: ..."

Is this meant to include players who are not participating in the clash, as a kind of catch up mechanism? Or just all players participating in the clash?

Lugdunensis Senonia has a similiar wording, only it's the fewest glory and he gains something.

Yes, both cards have global effects - that's why we put words "among all players". It was deliberate action. Why? for 2 reasons:
1) To aid a player who's weakest than all others and does not have any potential forces to take part in the battle.
2) To force a player with most VP (and probably with most potential) to act in Raetia Prima or be threatened by instant harassment by other players attacking Raetia only to trigger its "Defeat" ability.

Quote:
"Destroy all participating x,y,z"

-> I guess this is the defeat condition, as it's below the line, were all other cards say defeat.

Yes, you are right. "Defeat" part is missing.

PS: Sorry for late respond.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification!

I like the reasoning about Lugdunensis Senonia. Not so sure about Raetia Prima. In our games so far, even the strongest player couldn't have taken it down alone. But let's see what happens in future games.

Two other issues: How are ties broken? Both in military strenght and glory.

Then there is this card: "Negate any non-tribal unit card..." As there are no "non tribal units", I assume it's meant to negate any card played, except tribal units?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MarseilleDB MarseilleDB
Poland
flag msg tools

Quote:
Two other issues: How are ties broken? Both in military strenght and glory.

if both players tie for the highest MS/GP or anything else, then both of them are subjected to the effect. So if you have to choose a player who has most/least VP for the effect of Lugdunensis Senonia or Raetia Prima and 2 or more players tie than all who does will receive bonuses/penalties form the card effect. Same happens when you distribute GP after victorious battle. You can also check the Rules Triumvirate section.

Quote:
Then there is this card: "Negate any non-tribal unit card..." As there are no "non tribal units", I assume it's meant to negate any card played, except tribal units?

Yes. It "Negate any non-unit tribal card..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.