$20.00
$60.00
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Appears to be speaking off the cuff but may be loosely following a prompter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Good emale joke!

And a great "how do you like me now" joke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
He's only got 100 days left and then PARTY TIME!

Also, his approval numbers are outstanding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Fallon: Do you think the republicans are happy with their candidate?
Obama: uhm... We are! (and goes on seriously about the topic). Touches on the "make obama a supreme court justice" question that floats about.

I sure like obama. Always have. He's cool. He's smart. He's funny on his feet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm happy he is so cool and collected and having a good time while Russia and their lackey Assad slaughter civilians and Yemenese rebels shoot missiles at our ships. Save the party until you hand over the reigns, there are people in harms way who don't have the luxury.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
TheChin! wrote:
I'm happy he is so cool and collected and having a good time while Russia and their lackey Assad slaughter civilians and Yemenese rebels shoot missiles at our ships. Save the party until you hand over the reigns, there are people in harms way who don't have the luxury.

Dude, it's REINS. Stupid auto-correct.

Well, we popped the Houthi rebels' radar sites, which will make those crappy old Silkworm missiles hit the water even sooner.

People were getting slaughtered in Syria before Russia intervened. Happens when a brutal dictator is challenged by his population.

So you want a president who will declare war on virtually every country in the Mideast? Good to know.

One more thing: why should we care about what the idiots in Syria, Iraq, Yemen, etc. are doing to each other? Don't give me the terrorist angle -- Timothy McVeigh proved you don't need a Qaran to know which way to blow up a building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
No, that was a legit stupid human mispell with rightfully unaware spellcheck due to english quirks.

remorseless1 wrote:
Well, we popped the Houthi rebels' radar sites, which will make those crappy old Silkworm missiles hit the water even sooner.

People were getting slaughtered in Syria before Russia intervened. Happens when a brutal dictator is challenged by his population.

So you want a president who will declare war on virtually every country in the Mideast? Good to know.

One more thing: why should we care about what the idiots in Syria, Iraq, Yemen, etc. are doing to each other? Don't give me the terrorist angle -- Timothy McVeigh proved you don't need a Qaran to know which way to blow up a building.
You could be right on all that, but the tension, violence and serious nature of the various pies we have our fingers in kind of calls for a little more stoic face on our leader, IMO. Being a poor winner about Trumps's impending loss is something you should leave to the underlings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
Drew1365 wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:
Why should we care about what the idiots in Syria, Iraq, Yemen, etc. are doing to each other?

Could we at least care about the innocents caught in the crossfire? Or would that wrinkle his perfectly creased pants™.

What about the innocents caught in the drug gang warfare in Mexico, Brazil, et. al? How about an entire nation of North Koreans starving and brainwashed? Care about the underage girls and boys dragged into Thailand's sex trade? Give a shit about the Sunnis getting blown up by Shi'ites in Afghanistan? Why is the Mideast so important that all these other tragedies aren't given much attention?

And if we do pay attention and get involved, are you willing to pay more in taxes to bring a tenuous peace to a region where warfare is practically all its history? Want to send more Americans off to die for ungrateful twits who will start killing each other again in a decade or so?

People can CARE, sure. I care about a lot of things. But there are few things I am willing to put it all out there for, and the Mideast doesn't even crack the list.

Talk about a strawman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:
No, that was a legit stupid human mispell with rightfully unaware spellcheck due to english quirks.

remorseless1 wrote:

You could be right on all that, but the tension, violence and serious nature of the various pies we have our fingers in kind of calls for a little more stoic face on our leader, IMO. Being a poor winner about Trumps's impending loss is something you should leave to the underlings.

Why? A little humor doesn't cause more middle east violence. It shows Obama is in balance. He can order strikes and then go and relax. He's not always "on". It's a very reaganesque (pre alzheimers) quality. He's going to bend like a willow- not break like a brittle stick.

If you watched the videos, he also strikes a balance between humor and discussing things seriously. And he doesn't pivot! Omg, he doesn't pivot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
TheChin! wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

That's exactly how I learned the correct spelling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
Why? A little humor doesn't cause more middle east violence. It shows Obama is in balance. He can order strikes and then go and relax. He's not always "on". It's a very reaganesque (pre alzheimers) quality. He's going to bend like a willow- not break like a brittle stick.

If you watched the videos, he also strikes a balance between humor and discussing things seriously. And he doesn't pivot! Omg, he doesn't pivot.
I suppose it is just my personal standard for the leader of the United States. I also would not consider any "reaganesque" quality as desirable. It makes the person seem smug and condescending. If they want to show pictures of him smiling with his family, maybe playing with the dog, sure that is good balance. Making speeches and entertainment show appearances with undignified gloating and yucking it up is just a bit on the unseemly side for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
TheChin! wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

I suppose it is just my personal standard for the leader of the United States. I also would not consider any "reaganesque" quality as desirable. It makes the person seem smug and condescending. If they want to show pictures of him smiling with his family, maybe playing with the dog, sure that is good balance. Making speeches and entertainment show appearances with undignified gloating and yucking it up is just a bit on the unseemly side for me.

You must have loved Nixon laugh

The man wore a coat and tie -- on the beach! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

Nice strawman there.

Quote:
Why should we care about what the idiots in Syria, Iraq, Yemen, etc. are doing to each other?

Could we at least care about the innocents caught in the crossfire? Or would that wrinkle his perfectly creased pants™.

By all means, let's care about the innocents caught in the crossfire. We can start by allowing more refugees into the US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would that be extreme vetting?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Why not help them where they live instead of uprooting them from their homes?

typically there is the issue that their homes are piles of rubble and surrounded by people who want to kill them, that's why they're trying to be refugees in the first place

Quote:
And by the way, I'm fine with bringing in refugees who have been properly vetted. I am not for open borders.

"I'm for refugees who are properly vetted" = "I am not for refugees, but I don't want to look like a heartless asshole, so I will invent an imaginary standard that can never be met"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
TheChin! wrote:

Even the PBS Frontline documentaries make Obama looking like a weak and indecisive leader when it comes to his foreign policy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King in Green
Japan
flag msg tools
mb
remorseless1 wrote:

*idiots*? Perhaps you should clarify that?

Both the Bush and Obama administrations funded Syrian opposition to Assad, so there hasn't been too much disagreement among Demipublicans about being involved so far. The thorny problem of what precisely to do when Russia is supporting a brutal dictator in a civil war, including with the use of chemical weapons, doesn't admit of an easy answer. Nor do any of the many other crises around the world. In a world which is increasingly interconnected the answer to why *we* should care the answer may easily be because of self-interest e.g. refugees in Europe, terrorism, economic interest etc., it may be because of personal connections - "my father lives there!"- or be because *we* care about human suffering, and recognise that ignoring it ultimately diminishes us. As John Donne puts it:

"No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were. Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

Not that I have a solution. Even long after opinions about the best approach to a conflict like the Spanish Civil War are still divided.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Obama handling a protestor.
No protesters were slugged, beaten, tripped, or cold-cocked in the making of this video.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
For BJ.....
mb
TheChin! wrote:

I gotta agree.

We're getting dragged into a shooting war in Yemen on behalf of the Saudis (ghosts of our failed intervention in Lebanon in the 1980's are coming to mind to me), the Russians are leveling Aleppo and deploying short-medium range nuclear weapons on the Polish-Baltic states border, and yet we're obsessed with the train wreck that is Donald Trump's campaign.

I mean, YES- I have NO desire to see that fucker anywhere close to the Oval Office. Donald Trump is totally unqualified to be president.

But gods, how I wish there was a way that we could force Hilary and Obama to actually talk about these other problems, not to mention TPP, the slow rate of economic recovery, famine in NE Nigeria- tons of different issues. Not that I expect solutions, but a press conference that where they talk about the current problems, and what our options as a nation might be for these different crises.

We won't get that of course- talking about ISIS, or famine in Nigeria, or economic numbers in the US is nowhere NEAR as salacious as talking about the Trump implosion over being an incredibly misogynistic git.

But is this news? Is this even really anything new? The only news anymore is how fast Trump is collapsing.

On the other hand, any let up of pressure against Trump on these issues would only result in a de facto 'acceptance' of Trump's behavior. The media follows what Americans are interested in. I've got some roommates who follow the election, but they're more curious about following the sex stories than anything else. Is it the media's fault that they're pushing stories that people are interested in?

Ugh. What a goddamn mess. I really fucking hope that Hilary is keeping up on this shit, because she's going to be busy, really fast, the instant she's in the White House. This is a hell of a time for a new President to come into office.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stuart
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:

Are you really happy that he is so cool and collected and having a good time while Russia and their lackey Assad slaughter civilians and Yemenese rebels shoot missiles at our ships, or are you being sarcastic?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
bob_santafe wrote:
TheChin! wrote:

Are you really happy that he is so cool and collected and having a good time while Russia and their lackey Assad slaughter civilians and Yemenese rebels shoot missiles at our ships, or are you being sarcastic?

Honestly I prefer cool and collected while dealing with issues. Now we just need the issues dealt with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stuart
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
bob_santafe wrote:
TheChin! wrote:

Honestly I prefer cool and collected while dealing with issues. Now we just need the issues dealt with.

So do I.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bob_santafe wrote:
TheChin! wrote:

I read it as sarcasm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Staff
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
He's only got 100 days left and then PARTY TIME!

Also, his approval numbers are outstanding.

Yeah right!! What have you been smoking?
Where are we now 20 TRILLION in the hole?
That's $20,000,000,000,000 YOU FOOL!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:

Do you really think that because he is laughing at what an idiot Trump is during this five minute video it can be taken to mean that he doesn't take Russia and the middle east seriously?

Is the president not allowed to laugh while there is a crisis somewhere in the world?

edit: I see that this has already been discussed.

Carry on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.