Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I like how its a legacy game without the destruction of components, but just curious if its possible to have multiple play groups for this game not at the same point in the campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lev Dukhovny
msg tools
mb
Why not? There are no one-time-use components as you've already mentioned. The only thing you'll miss second time is novelty of opening mission. Can't see any other problems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Just wasn't sure if there was enough of all components.

For example, in the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, there's not enough of each card for having 12 characters (2 parties of 6) all made at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you could do that with this game.

Spoilerish:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
There's nothing in the campaign that would really ruin anything for you like in Pandemic/Risk Legacy or Seafall or alter your decision making process based on knowing future missions.
Spoiler:
You can play any mission at any time really, but there is a story element and increasing difficulty and minor increasing complexity with new cards added and a boss guy to fight in some missions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abel Kim
United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I am a Turtle.
mbmbmbmbmb
Temelin wrote:
Yes you could do that with this game.

Spoilerish:
There's nothing in the campaign that would really ruin anything for you like in Pandemic/Risk Legacy or Seafall or alter your decision making process based on knowing future missions.
Spoiler:
You can play any mission at any time really, but there is a story element and increasing difficulty and minor increasing complexity with new cards added and a boss guy to fight in some missions.

I'm pretty sure we are misunderstanding his question. With this game, it is not possible to have two groups playing at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Actually, I think they did understand my question, but I see how I phrased it poorly.

I don't need to play with 2 groups at exactly the same time, just that I have multiple groups of people to play with at different times, but we won't progress through the game at the same rate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abel Kim
United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I am a Turtle.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah got it. Btw if you didnt see it there are audio narration you can play during the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt Boehland wrote:
Actually, I think they did understand my question, but I see how I phrased it poorly.

I don't need to play with 2 groups at exactly the same time, just that I have multiple groups of people to play with at different times, but we won't progress through the game at the same rate.

Definitely possible. Might take a little bit of sorting to make sure the group that is behind isn't using components they haven't gotten to yet, but that will just add a couple minutes to set-up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Tiras
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
This is 100% accurate.

So long as you put in a bit of time (like, 5 minutes or so) to curate the experience and make sure the unlockable content and envelopes are correctly set up, you're good to go.

We ran 8 concurrent playtest teams with only 2 playable sets of the game during development and that was fine so long as we were deliberate and aware of what was in each playset, and what was supposed to be in each playset (pretty self-explanatory once you actually have it!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.