Ticket to Ride: Rails & Sails» Forums » General

Subject: Harbours rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Martin

London
London
msg tools
My wife and I play the harbours as five, ten and fifteen points instead of ten, twenty and forty points. We find it mitigates the luck factor when creating harbours (that is to say, the luck comes from the tickets that were drawn. Seeing as you also lose 4 points for not building harbours they are still worth building.

Other than that we are big fans of this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woo-Hoo Gamer
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Looking for resources in how to grow in friendship, unity, and/or intimacy in marriage? - Ask me!
badge
More Woo-Hoo Gamer reviews coming throughout 2017!
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidJMartin wrote:
My wife and I play the harbours as five, ten and fifteen points instead of ten, twenty and forty points. We find it mitigates the luck factor when creating harbours (that is to say, the luck comes from the tickets that were drawn. Seeing as you also lose 4 points for not building harbours they are still worth building.

Other than that we are big fans of this game.

It's 20, 30, and 40 points for harbor bonuses (1 ticket, 2 tickets, 3+ tickets), not 10, 30, 40. I agree they do seem quite powerful, but I need some more plays to see if they're truly all luck-based and/or overpowered.

In the two games I've played so far, I've won by building all harbors and having 70-80 bonus points based off of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.