Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple millimeters taller and everything would fit in one box perfectly.

Please tell me that your next kickstarter will include an option for a special box to hold everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sami Laakso
Finland
Pori
Satakunta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A single millimeter would have doubled the shipping costs so we couldn't do that. I'm sorry! We would definitely like to release a big box to hold everything in it. Can't promise anything quite yet, but let's keep our fingers crossed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Liuhuparta wrote:
A single millimeter would have doubled the shipping costs so we couldn't do that. I'm sorry! We would definitely like to release a big box to hold everything in it. Can't promise anything quite yet, but let's keep our fingers crossed.

Oh, I know how shipping goes and how much a tiny fraction can cause both shipping and manufacturing costs to skyrocket. This was nothing more than a lighthearted jab

Love the game and can't wait to try out the new animals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Liuhuparta wrote:

No problem! With Dale of Merchants 3 and the Connected Emperor Penguins, you can do this. We will be happy to support it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you run into any trouble being able to offer a a bigger box at some point, please consider the following:

If shipping costs do indeed double, increase the total pledge amount by that amount. Raise the cost by half of that amount and increase the shipping amount by half of that amount.

It's that important.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Neuschwander
United States
Hummelstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With all due respect, in my opinion, it isn't that important. These are small box games, so by condensing all the contents into one box, you're not saving that much shelf space. Yes, it would be convenient to carry it all around in one box, and I know I'm very likely in the minority on this, but I'd prefer my pledge dollars go toward new game content rather than storage solutions and increased shipping of that storage solution.

P.S. I received DoM2 yesterday and it looks great. My 9yo daughter is in love with the new animal folk art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Winterfella wrote:
With all due respect, in my opinion, it isn't that important. These are small box games, so by condensing all the contents into one box, you're not saving that much shelf space. Yes, it would be convenient to carry it all around in one box, and I know I'm very likely in the minority on this, but I'd prefer my pledge dollars go toward new game content rather than storage solutions and increased shipping of that storage solution.

P.S. I received DoM2 yesterday and it looks great. My 9yo daughter is in love with the new animal folk art.

No one said or even implied that this would be a part of the next game itself. That's why I specifically said in my post "the option for a special box" - it would be an add-on that you would pay for if you want it and if you don't, it doesn't cost you anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Neuschwander
United States
Hummelstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You may not have implied it, and it's easy for you to say "it would be an add-on", but since you don't speak for the publisher, and they are not at the stage yet to make that decision, I thought I would give my opinion that I have no need for a bigger box, and wouldn't want to pay an increased cost if that were the only option. Maybe they don't want to go through the hassle of having add-ons and/or the logistics of laying out the art on two separate-sized boxes. If it turns out to be a feasible option to have an add-on big box, I agree that's great for those who want it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin
msg tools
The box size is terrible. Due to the odd card size (no KMC perfect size sleeves, omg!) once you sleeve everything you can't close the box. They barely fit in at all and you need some magic tape or elastic band to keep them from opening when bringing them to friends.

I'm probably going to store them in the Smash Up Big Box or the Draconis Invasion box with a couple of other games and some custom dividers. But that means carrying the heavy big boxes around instead of just throwing a small box into your bag.

But please.. don't make another terrible "big box" (see above two games) that you never actually fill with expansions. Something along the lines of the Gruff box might work very well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sami Laakso
Finland
Pori
Satakunta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick reply about the box with sleeved cards. If you throw away the insert, the cards fit just fine. Divide cards into 3 decks and place 2 of them 90 degrees to the right and one in the other way around. People have posted multiple images of doing that. The cards are regular bridge sized cards that are used in huge amount of games. There are countless sleeves that fit them perfectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seppo Kuukasjärvi
Finland
Pori
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Inconmon wrote:
The box size is terrible. Due to the odd card size (no KMC perfect size sleeves, omg!) once you sleeve everything you can't close the box. They barely fit in at all and you need some magic tape or elastic band to keep them from opening when bringing them to friends.

Actually, the culprit here is KMC, who offers too wide sleeves for bridge sized cards. Below is a link for other sleeves you can use.
https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/164572/item/3986284#item3...

Also you can modify the insert so that the sleeved cards fit inside the box. Check the links:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1572227/fitting-sleeved-car...

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1498114/fitting-your-sleeve...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't seen it mentioned, but when trying to fit sleeved cards in the box it's probably best to use regular sleeves rather than premium sleeves.

I put Mayday premium sleeves, MDG-7078, on my cards and they're just a little to wide to fit in the box. It's close in a 2x1 arrangement with the insert removed, but just doesn't work. I'm guessing the thinner MDG-7044 sleeves would fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seppo Kuukasjärvi
Finland
Pori
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At least Fantasy Flight's and Arcane Tinmen's sleeves are suitable for the box. Both sleeves are thick.

Fantasy Flight sleeve size: Standard American - Green (FFS03, 50/pack) - (2-1/4” x 3-1/2" - 57 x 89mm)

Arcane Tinmen sleeve size: Medium - Green (AT-10403, 100/pack) - (57 x 89mm)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got everything to fit using Mayday premium sleeves, but I had to split the contents up among the two games AND remove all the excess junk cards not needed for play if you own both sets. The contents of the most recent kickstarter do not fit in the box if you use premium mayday sleeves.

I originally had DoM sleeved in standard Mayday sleeves, but the quality drove me nuts, so I chose to upgrade to premium, and it's a lot more fun to play this way.

Another campaign with the same box and more stretch goal decks might very well mean that there just isn't enough box space for the content available if you want to sleeve (handy since this is a deckbuilder).

Having content in one box isn't really as much about shelf space (since these boxes are packed so tight anyway) as it is transportation and setup. Currently, I'd have to take two boxes and basically unpack everything from both boxes to get the decks selected and the game set up. And again in reverse for pack-up. It's a pain, and yes, I realize it's a first-world problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dutch

Indiana
msg tools
mb
The card size isn't at all that odd. The Mayday Chimera sleeves fit perfectly. There's a few other games that use these sleeves as well: Hanabi, Sushi Go, Best Treehouse Ever to name a few. After I sleeved it all, I could get the box to close with no issues after removing the insert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seppo Kuukasjärvi
Finland
Pori
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
heroesbane wrote:
after removing throwing away the insert.

Fixed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe falling the Tiny Epic Kingdom expansion idea is not a bad thing? There was a cardboard band to tie both boxes together, thanks to that they are easily to carry around as a whole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sami Laakso
Finland
Pori
Satakunta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I much prefer a single box with neat dividers to 3 small boxes. It gets messy with 3 separate boxes when you want to play the game compared to a single neatly organized one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Liuhuparta wrote:
Personally I much prefer a single box with neat dividers to 3 small boxes. It gets messy with 3 separate boxes when you want to play the game compared to a single neatly organized one.

I'm very enthused that this is your opinion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sharon
United States
Waterloo
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Its crazy to not make a box to fit sleeved cards nowadays. And no not even tight fitting FF sleeves fit in the boxes

As someone said, compensate the pledge amount etc to give us a box that fits sleeved cards. I would prefer a bigger box then have the board included. Its not needed.

We should even be able to sleeve in normal opaque sleeves and have them fit.

Am seriously thinking of selling both merchants 1&2 just because of this frustration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sami Laakso
Finland
Pori
Satakunta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As noted in quite a few posts, the box does fit sleeved cards just fine with the insert thrown away. The box was made as large as we could make it while fitting in a specific shipping class. There weren't other options at the time as we wanted to keep the shipping costs in Kickstarter as affordable as possible.

Next Dale of Merchants product will no doubt be a large box to fit everything in it. I hope you have the patience to wait for that as it will indeed resolve this issue for everyone once and for all. However, we don't want to release an empty box. It will have all kinds of neat stuff in it to make it worthwhile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which sleeves are you using in that picture? It won't work with Mayday premium sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sami Laakso
Finland
Pori
Satakunta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't answer as either of those are my modifications. You can go to the original image post by clicking the images and ask them yourself.

Personally I use Arcane Tinmen's medium sleeves for my Dale of Merchants games. With those the cards do barely fit both orientations. The top orientation is has more space between the cards while the bottom one is really tight.

And yes, we will make sure to have enough space in the big box for sleeved cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sharon
United States
Waterloo
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree Mayday premium dont fit, and those are only sleeves i will use for those size cards. Others just dont last and prefer feel of these. I am glad next game will have larger box, and will fit all previous ones
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Love to play boardgames with my family and spending time toghter
mbmbmbmbmb
As a non sleever im glad the box is this side. I own both games and they fit into the kallax system side by side, just on top of the top most box where there is just a few inches of space where nothing els fits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.