Arcadia Quest» Forums » General

Subject: Best expansion(s) ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gloum Kupaa
New Caledonia
msg tools
Hello,

Is there any must have expansions or not really?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Kasper
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nemeless compaign is a reskin of the base game.
Guildmaster is great but not a must have. All additional heroes aswell.
Only Beyond the Grave has good value.

Just my 2 cents

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harv Veerman
Netherlands
Zoetermeer
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only one I bought was for my table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a lot that are just nice to add more variety. The Guild Master box and the extra stand alone heroes are nice because they add some variety to the game, but aren't really necessary.

Anything that expands or adds on to the campaign are what you will get the most mileage out of. Right now that is Beyond the Grave. That expansion has a whole new campaign in it that is slightly shorter than the original, but adds some new gear, new monsters to fight, and a couple new heroes. There are a few of the additional heroes that are fun to play, but none of them are must haves.

After Inferno is finally released, there will be that to add a whole new campaign to the game with a new theme and new heroes. There is also the Pets Expansion on the way which adds a mascot to your guild that has various abilities. There is a small campaign that goes along with that set as well as rules for combining it with the existing campaigns. The Dragon sets will also come out around that same time which add a new final boss level to any campaign. These will have new gear, new mechanics, and should be a very interesting addition to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nandy Velez

Puerto Rico
msg tools
mb
On another thread some one asked a similar question so I am going to cut and paste my response here as it might fit.

You can still contact Coolmini and ask them if they will open up a pledge master and late pledge for Inferno, that will give you lots and I mean A TON of extra heroes for $100 plus shipping.

They have not created shipping labels as of a few weeks ago so you might still be in time plus they are very friendly and helpful. PM me if you need their contact number.

Check here on BBG for people who might have Arcadia Quest coregame for spare parts. From the core game you can pick up an extra Goblin, Orc, Lord Fang, and the Pain and Pleasure sisters.
That's 5 more heroes and you can print their cards from Arcadiaquest.com.

Nibbles I have seen for $10 often on ebay ( Free shipping) And not only is he a crazy looking figure, he is fun to play and a total bad-ass in game.

I agree with what has been said, Beyond the Grave is a great expansion, but you could also just try get in on the new stuff like Inferno, try getting a late pledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Holley
msg tools
Is it still possible to get a late pledge for inferno. Can you give me contact details. Thanks. S

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
simonholley wrote:
Is it still possible to get a late pledge for inferno. Can you give me contact details. Thanks. S

I tried them earlier this week and they got back to me on the same day saying there are no more late pledges available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.