6 Posts

Crimson Creek» Forums » Rules

Subject: What happens when all but one character is eliminated? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Flynn
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I played Crimson Creek for the first time this evening with my wife.

We chose our characters, the Punk and the Geek, and set up as per the rulebook. We flipped the top three location cards and placed our respective tokens on the second and third locations. The remaining four characters became supporting characters and were placed on the Cabin, the Woods, the Barn and the Campfire.

We managed just a few rounds each before Klein attacked for the third time, with the two of us split between the Cabin and the Campfire. The Campfire was revealed to be Klein's lair and the Geek was disposed of.

But then... what next? The attack deck set up for the next act only shows a minimum of 2 surviving players. Is it game over when there's only one player left alive at the end of an act?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Toystorian
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is over when one player remains. On Page 25 of the rulebook it explains "If at any point during the game you are the sole remaining Player and you can correctly name the killer, even if you are the killer, you win."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Flynn
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Perfect, thank you. We played again tonight and managed to (barely!) survive the night, but without enough information to accurately identify the killer. Turns out we'd forgotten to look at the clues after declaring the lair in the final two acts.

We're enjoying it a lot though. When we're confident we've got all the rules down pat then I look forward to introducing it to the group and having a playthrough with a full complement of players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pittman
msg tools
mbmbmb
TheToystoryian wrote:
The game is over when one player remains. On Page 25 of the rulebook it explains "If at any point during the game you are the sole remaining Player and you can correctly name the killer, even if you are the killer, you win."

Oops. Missed that bit. The Goth managed to survive to the end of the third act at any rate ... she just could have won a bit earlier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Anonymous
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ohsostupid wrote:
But then... what next? The attack deck set up for the next act only shows a minimum of 2 surviving players. Is it game over when there's only one player left alive at the end of an act?

TheToystoryian wrote:

That says you can win then, but it doesn't say that if you are the only player, and cannot immediately identify Klein, you lose (that is, it doesn't say that the game always ends when only 1 player remains).
Should it say that?

(If that's the case, then I'll have to go back to my group and tell them that I didn't actually win our game,
in which I was the only one alive after Act 2, Scene 1, and was able to survive until I could find Klein's identity.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Toystorian
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 25 clarified in the rulebook...

If at any point during the game you become the sole remaining Player, the game ends and you must immediately name the killer. If you are the sole remaining Player and you name the killer correctly you win the game. If you do not correctly name the killer, you are eliminated even if you are the killer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.