Subject: What is the use of the two orange disks listes in the material? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cédric V
Belgium
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
After reading the rules, I don't see what is the use of the two orange disks listes in the content. It is maybe because it is not the final version of the rules or I miss something...
Moreover, it seems that there are 3 orange cubes only but nothing says that we are limited to sell only 3 times our investment to the gouvernement. I guess that we have to put the orange marker on the rightmost position on each line leaving empty position before but not usable anymore for the rest of the game. Am I right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paco Yanez
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
o0FrenchFrog0o wrote:
After reading the rules, I don't see what is the use of the two orange disks listes in the content. It is maybe because it is not the final version of the rules or I miss something...
Moreover, it seems that there are 3 orange cubes only but nothing says that we are limited to sell only 3 times our investment to the gouvernement. I guess that we have to put the orange marker on the rightmost position on each line leaving empty position before but not usable anymore for the rest of the game. Am I right?

Hi Cédric,

The two orange disks corresponds to the two government towers which are part of the advance towers.

Please here you have the explanation:

Thanks to an agreement with the Government, this tower is free to build, and it allows you to extract 1 barrel of natural gas that goes straight to the local market (giving the player 1 VP).
The first time the oilfield it’s built in needs to be replenished, the player will have to pay $10 to liberate the tower and use it’s full potential. If he does, the owner of this tower will continue extracting 1 barrel of natural gas that goes to the local market, plus 2 additional oil barrels that go to the refinery’s
warehouse.
When you build this tower, place one of the orange discs in the marked zone of the building tile. Once you pay the rights to use it, take the orange disk off, revealing the full effect of the tower.
If the player doesn’t have the money, or doesn’t want to pay the price of the tower, when the oilfield is being replenished, he loses the tower and the lease where it was built. In this case, put both the building tile and the lease card back in their respective markets, that are now available for any player.

Remember that you can always sell your investments whenever you want, without having to spend an action to do it.

Note: It may happen that because of this there might be more building tiles or lease cards available in the market than the usual for that number of players.

In regards the second point related to the 3 orange cubes. They do limit to sell your investments only 3 times along the game the game.

When doing this, you'll receive the first visible price on the row of the corresponding bonds.
Then, you move back your counter on the VP marker and finally replace your bonds marker at the investment track with one of the oranges cubes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cédric V
Belgium
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks Paco for jour reply. The explanation of the orange disks is not on a current rulebook available on bgg (part of kickstarter upgrade). I saw that you have uploaded the french and german rulebook and I suggest you to uploaded the spanish/english one with the final release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paco Yanez
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
o0FrenchFrog0o wrote:
Thanks Paco for jour reply. The explanation of the orange disks is not on a current rulebook available on bgg (part of kickstarter upgrade). I saw that you have uploaded the french and german rulebook and I suggest you to uploaded the spanish/english one with the final release.

Hi Cédric,

You're right! I've posted the kickstarter version where the advanced towers were not included/explained yet.
I will ask the publisher to post the final version.

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.