Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Krister Nevin
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crawford
United States
Goose Creek
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
F*** that guy. Seriously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are several now. The fact that they say "lol" in the title adds a certain something...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolenka
msg tools
Eh, I'd rather just wind up in the second shipment than pay >200% markup over retail.

I hope there's enough people doing the same (or able to get in the first shipment in general) that they will have trouble reselling for what they paid. devil

The fact that 12 people are already watching the most expensive of the 3 makes me doubt it though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Chapple
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Lol in this case stands for League of Legends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen
msg tools
Don't hate on them. Reselling is a business - It's basically what every game store does. Think of it this way - it may allow people outside of the shipping area to buy a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CHAOS i AM wrote:
Lol in this case stands for League of Legends.

Oh, I know that. I just meant since it has another meaning it can kinda read like they're giving everyone the finger, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Gloomhaven
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmb
Don't worry, soon enough the BGG regulars who do the same thing with KS games and OOP stuff will be along to say "its just capitalism"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the problem here? It's not even supply and demand. It's that Riot built a website that can only handle 1000 sales/hour which falls far short of what it needs to be able to do. The website is the problem, not the production or distribution of the game itself. If it's worth $100 to someone not to spend hours clicking reload, and someone else doesn't mind doing it, that's a perfect example of a voluntary exchange that makes both people better off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen
msg tools
stevelabny wrote:
Don't worry, soon enough the BGG regulars who do the same thing with KS games and OOP stuff will be along to say "its just capitalism"

Don't worry, soon enough a reasonable person will come along to explain that - 'This is exactly right!' If you are selling something, anything, wouldn't you want to sell it for the absolute highest price you could sell it?

Additionally, I agree with DaviddesJ; It may very well be worth $100 or more to someone to have someone else wait in line for you. This is pretty common with iPhone launches.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno D
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
What's the problem here? It's not even supply and demand. It's that Riot built a website that can only handle 1000 sales/hour which falls far short of what it needs to be able to do. The website is the problem, not the production or distribution of the game itself. If it's worth $100 to someone not to spend hours clicking reload, and someone else doesn't mind doing it, that's a perfect example of a voluntary exchange that makes both people better off.

The game is not even OOP. No way to justify the outrageous $200 eBay markup.

If they were selling it for a reasonable markup for the time/money exchange, then ok, but $300 bucks for a $75 game. Ridiculous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
teg2 wrote:
The game is not even OOP. No way to justify the outrageous $200 eBay markup.

So they probably won't get it. That just makes them optimistic, not immoral.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen
msg tools
Null Field wrote:
Nope, its an example of extremely poor planning on Riots part. The website is not an independent entity from riot. Blaming the website as apposed to blaming Riot Games is pretty silly. This is a mess and Riots hype machine and failure to setup their website properly to sell the game are at fault. Riot knew this game was going to sell. Riot has a customer base of millions. If you are correct that their site is set up to sell 1000 copies per hour then Riot made an incredibly stupid mistake.

Mistake? I don't know about that. There is the off chance that they didn't know they would get this level of traffic, but I doubt it. To me, the server issues are part of the hype. It goes further to show how in demand the game is. Look how much buzz this has already generated. I could see someone not 100% convinced to buy the game seeing all of this, trying to get it, seeing that they can't and the inability to get it exponential increases its appeal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
newtsmelt wrote:
Null Field wrote:
Nope, its an example of extremely poor planning on Riots part. The website is not an independent entity from riot. Blaming the website as apposed to blaming Riot Games is pretty silly. This is a mess and Riots hype machine and failure to setup their website properly to sell the game are at fault. Riot knew this game was going to sell. Riot has a customer base of millions. If you are correct that their site is set up to sell 1000 copies per hour then Riot made an incredibly stupid mistake.

Mistake? I don't know about that. There is the off chance that they didn't know they would get this level of traffic, but I doubt it. To me, the server issues are part of the hype. It goes further to show how in demand the game is. Look how much buzz this has already generated. I could see someone not 100% convinced to buy the game seeing all of this, trying to get it, seeing that they can't and the inability to get it exponential increases its appeal.

Nah. Typically I'd tinfoil hat with you.

But riot is making like. What. $20 a game here.

Even if they sold 100,000(which they won't) copies and closed off with 2mil in profit.

They netted 1.6 BILLION last year. Mechs vs Minions is literally pocket change. It's a hobby project not a money maker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen
msg tools
Dark63 wrote:
newtsmelt wrote:
Null Field wrote:

Nah. Typically I'd tinfoil hat with you.

But riot is making like. What. $20 a game here.

Even if they sold 100,000(which they won't) copies and closed off with 2mil in profit.

They netted 1.6 BILLION last year. Mechs vs Minions is literally pocket change. It's a hobby project not a money maker.

I don't think it has anything to do with making money on this game.

Tinfoil aside - their store front is powered by Magento. Anyone who has experience with Magento would NOT be surprised by today's outcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bradley
United States
Beaver
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly at this point I'd rather have the eBay market flooded with copies than have to deal with ordering off their website.

I've been clicking "Proceed to Checkout" for over 4 hours now and still haven't gotten past the Cart. This is BS.

If they would open the ordering to more than 1 copy, then there would be loads on the aftermarket and the price would drop considerably.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
neb139 wrote:
Honestly at this point I'd rather have the eBay market flooded with copies than have to deal with ordering off their website.

I've been clicking "Proceed to Checkout" for over 4 hours now and still haven't gotten past the Cart. This is BS.

If they would open the ordering to more than 1 copy, then there would be loads on the aftermarket and the price would drop considerably.

Hey Nathan, I've seen people having more success with this link, recently:

https://na.merch.riotgames.com/en/checkout/onepage
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Quintana
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had success adding 1 or 2 / at the end of the url

Jared

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bradley
United States
Beaver
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:

Hey Nathan, I've seen people having more success with this link, recently:

https://na.merch.riotgames.com/en/checkout/onepage

Thanks Chris. I finally snagged a copy after adding 5 /'s; per this thread:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1653524/not-sure-if-helps

Nice job in creating game-junky-hype frothy enough to keep 100's of fans hitting refresh for 5 hours straight. Quite a feat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cohn
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4+ pages of BGG forums--most of them complaining about how they have been trying to get the game for 3, 4, 5 hours. Which also pretty much guaranteed the game will stay at the top of the hotness for the rest of they day if not all weekend. Hype indeed.

North America orders, Wave 1, seem to be fine now, picked mine up a few minutes ago (also after hitting refresh randomly for the past 6 hours).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OchreOgre wrote:
4+ pages of BGG forums--most of them complaining about how they have been trying to get the game for 3, 4, 5 hours.

You have to wonder what on Earth is in the mind of the 99th person to start yet another new thread about how they did or didn't manage to order the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt B
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
OchreOgre wrote:
4+ pages of BGG forums--most of them complaining about how they have been trying to get the game for 3, 4, 5 hours.

You have to wonder what on Earth is in the mind of the 99th person to start yet another new thread about how they did or didn't manage to order the game.

One could ask the same of us for reading it, eh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Shelley
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
"One test result is worth one thousand expert opinions." -- Wernher von Braun
mbmbmbmbmb
I am beginning to believe those e-bay sellers will be disappointed. I am getting the feeling Riot is going to keep work on this till they make this right. I would not recommend people panicking and buy a copy at those inflated prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kshelley wrote:
I would not recommend people panicking and buy a copy at those inflated prices.

You're really going out on a limb with that one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
^...^ ALIEN ^...^
United States
Mcqueeney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
kshelley wrote:
I would not recommend people panicking and buy a copy at those inflated prices.

You're really going out on a limb with that one.

There are now copies for sale in the Marketplace all in the $200 dollar range. More power to them I guess...

This whole event has been so entertaining. Thanks Riot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.