GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,458 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
25 Posts

Mythos Tales» Forums » General

Subject: Starting with prologue or case 1? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Heckmann
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland Pfalz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of Mythos Tales arived a few days ago and I flicked through the components, taking a look at the first page of the prologue booklet and it sais that informations from the newspaper articles of the other cases might be required. So where to start? With the prologue or with case 1?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Grozdanich

Santa Clara
CA California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say case 1,

have not touched prologue for that reason, but I'm guessing it's called prologue because it's a prologue for an expansion or something.

The date of the prologue case is also after the final case in the book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Airborne XO
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Case 1 :)

Cheers, Hal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig H
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I am going in chronilogical order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IS there something else to know when starting to play? I heard there is some misprint right at the beginning. Is there a list of known misprints?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Heckmann
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland Pfalz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We played through case 1 last night without any problems. I noticed a few typos (very few), but apart from that, everything went well. And it was a great experience. But we didn't see all of the paragraphs for the first case, so take that with a grain of salt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot. The woman who sold it to me told me there was a mistake right at the start (dunno if it wqs prologue or case 1). Some location label was missing on the map. Anyone else kow about this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Chapman
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Hey Christian, Case 1 refers to a location called 'Uptown Park' which was accidentally left out of the directory. The kickstarter version came with an errata sheet which advised players to add it to the directory as location U67. I'm pretty sure that must be what she's referring to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes that sounds right. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Webb
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmb
Having played the Prologue last night I would say start with case 1. As far as i'm aware the prologue was added as a KS extra, and seems very rushed. There are several locations missing and a very important character is not anywhere in the directory and it makes no mention of where to find him.

Overall the game is SHCD with a Cthulhu theme, so going to be very popular, but it seems it has some of the same issues as SHCD in some information is missing from the booklets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ecosmith Ecosmith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the Prologue? Is it in the book? I'm confused. In my box there was a piece of card woth some questions on it. What's that for?

Eco
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick McClure
United States
Williamsville
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ecosmith wrote:
What is the Prologue? Is it in the book? I'm confused. In my box there was a piece of card woth some questions on it. What's that for?

Eco

I was also curious about the card with the questions on it that was floating in the box. I didn't want to read it and spoil something, but I don't want to miss anything important either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonia
Germany
Wolfsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ecosmith wrote:

Eco

The prologue is an additional case that came with the Kickstarter version of the game.

Whether or not you have a Kickstarter version can be determined by the case book. If you have a soft cover case book it is the retail version. The hard cover is only included in the Kickstarter version.

The Kickstarter version includes an additional case called "the Faceless Expedition - Prologue".

It has been announced that this case will be released to buy separately for everyone who missed out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
evident_weasel wrote:
Hey Christian, Case 1 refers to a location called 'Uptown Park' which was accidentally left out of the directory. The kickstarter version came with an errata sheet which advised players to add it to the directory as location U67. I'm pretty sure that must be what she's referring to.

Huh! I didn't get an errata sheet in mine -- was there anything else on it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SIMON WRAY
Bermuda
Devonshire
Devonshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gschmidl wrote:
evident_weasel wrote:

Huh! I didn't get an errata sheet in mine -- was there anything else on it?

Ditto. Interested to know what else we missed - the missing Uptown Park reference is annoying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isai Vela
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yeah, I got everything, but those two spots. I thought I was going crazy because I couldn't find the park. I also didn't get the errata sheet. Would have been helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this erreta sheet available anywhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser Mackenzie
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't get any errata sheets included in my Kickstarter copy either. I'd also be keen to know exactly what was supposed to be on that sheet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Dodgin
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Ditto again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Elmore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it was Upton Park. It is mentioned in the introduction of case 1, so there is no spoiler that it may be a location of interest. Whether or not you feel it is worth the time and added location depends on your investigation.

If I remember, I'll scan that page when I get home. It seems important enough that everyone should benefit from it when playing case 1.

The sheet indicates that this is only important in case 1. I do not anticipate needing this in the other cases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it Upton Park or Uptown park? I feel like I have read both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Elmore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muemmelmann wrote:

I'm going off of memory so don't take my word for it.

It just didn't sound right to me to call it Uptown Park since Arkham is a small town. But technically, any sized town could have an uptown; it's just something I associate with larger cities. My mind simply autocorrected it to Upton since that made more sense to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Airborne XO
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
CelestialMonkey wrote:

I was also curious about the card with the questions on it that was floating in the box. I didn't want to read it and spoil something, but I don't want to miss anything important either.

Nick this was a printers error and the questions are for case 4.

Cheers, Hal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Airborne XO
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Muemmelmann wrote:

Christian - it is Uptown park :)

Cheers, Hal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.