7 Posts

Arctic Scavengers» Forums » General

Subject: Doubts about the game. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pier Desuna
Mexico
flag msg tools
Hi, I've bought Power Grid and I saw this game in the catalog of Rio Grande. I'm willing to buy this game but when I was looking for it I found another "Arctic Scavengers". My doubt is: what's the difference between these two games?

1.- http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/41933/arctic-scavenge...

2.- http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/174226/arctic-scaveng...

The second one seems to be cheaper that the 1st one, but it says it has the Base game + HQ + Recon. That's what is confusing me: Is the 2nd one the same game as the 1st one but it includes an expansion and somehow it's cheaper? Or are those different games? Can anyone please help me?

Thank you, and I hope I've been clear with my doubt.

Greetings, gamers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Thomas
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are the same game. The Base+HQ+Recon box contains everything in the earlier version of the base game (Base+HQ) plus additional expansion content (Recon).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pier Desuna
Mexico
flag msg tools
So do you suggest to buy the Base+HQ+Recon game? Since the other one is just the base game and is more expensive than the combo pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
teh_prowner
Croatia
flag msg tools
The first one is actually the base Arctic Scavengers game with the HQ expansion. There was a re-release recently where they put the, separately released, Recon expansion into the same box with the previous release (hence base+HQ+Recon). The second one is cheaper probably because the first one is out of print.

If you want to buy Arctic Scavengers, the combined edition (your listed number 2, Arctic Scavengers: Base Game+HQ+Recon) is definitely the way to go.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Przemyslaw Kozlowski
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
The game was out of print for a while so the prices for the original edition ended up out of whack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Thomas
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, just buy the Base+HQ+Recon edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pier Desuna
Mexico
flag msg tools
Thanks you all guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.