5 Posts

Above and Below» Forums » Rules

Subject: Using the same reroll in different explores in same round rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriel Licious
msg tools
mbmbmb
If you have a reroll key building can you use it for all explorations in the same round? Or if you used all the rerolls in one exploration you cant use them in the second exploration in the same round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Lamb

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say you can use the re-roll per explore action, and that you must keep the re-rolled result.

I interpret this to mean that if you have (for example) two re-roll icons on your village buildings, and you send a party of two villagers to explore, each of them may re-roll the dice once time, keeping the new results. Neither villager can re-roll a re-roll, however, as the rules state you must always keep the results of the re-roll.

If you then send two different villagers on a second explore action, you may use your re-roll powers again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Harbinjer wrote:
Neither villager can re-roll a re-roll, however, as the rules state you must always keep the results of the re-roll.

While you could be right, I'm not sure this is necessarily true (unless a ruling has been made). Usually when games say you must keep the results of the re-roll, that's just referring to "you can't decide you like the original roll better". In many games that have re-roll capabilities that have similar wording, re-rolling a re-roll is still allowed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Taylor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I Agree - I think it's suggesting that if you reroll you can't change your mind and go back to the previous roll...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Reitz
Germany
Mayen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
liciousx wrote:
If you have a reroll key building can you use it for all explorations in the same round? Or if you used all the rerolls in one exploration you cant use them in the second exploration in the same round?

All reroll(s) on your buildings are available for each explore action you take (even in the same round).

First, you roll for each participating explorer once. After having a first total result for the exploration, you decide the usage of reroll(s).
AFAIK (and play it) you can even use two (or more) consecutive rerolls with one and the same die (you just cannot change your mind after rerolling a die, i.e. using the value of the previous roll of this die).

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.