Hide
9 Posts

Blue Moon Legends» Forums » Rules

Subject: Requirement for Keeping gang characters active rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Finn Broman
msg tools
So I found one thing in the rules that isnt completely clear to me.

If I play a gang dude on top of gang dudes of the same kind do I get to keep those characters active for the turn even if I also play other characters that same turn?

My interpretation is that it only works if only the gang members are in play when I´m done playing characters(and if there are no active boosters either), but not sure here.

If someone has an answer that would be greatly appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 8 27 Feb - 1 Mar 2015 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk Essex Games 27 Jul '15
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand your explanation, so can't tell if it's right. Don't have time to write a nitpickingly precise statement here (but see the FAQ list) but the usual case is that you just have members of the gang active (no boosters, no free characters) and add at least one more gang member. You can top that off with a booster (but the Khind are short in boosters) or free characters (even shorter) but that will stop you extending the gang the next turn. A full answer would mention how Khind Kin and Bounce Back provide exceptions. And that keeping old characters active is optional (but almost always done).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finn Broman
msg tools
Basically i was wondering if I can extend my gang and also play free characters/boosters the same turn without covering my gang cards, so you have answered my question.

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finn Broman
msg tools
Does the same apply with khind kin? Could I play that and then also play more characters without covering the other cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timm Sch
msg tools
mb
No, you can not do that. Whenever you want to play a gang member there must not be cards without the same gang icon active in your character area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 8 27 Feb - 1 Mar 2015 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk Essex Games 27 Jul '15
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In effect, KhindKin can add to a gang (or in fact more than that, it doesn't have to be a gang, and may contain boosters) but doesn't keep it alive to be further extended (yes, I should word that rigorously).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finn Broman
msg tools
sorry I think I was unclear. Im not talking about playing khind kin and then on a later turn extending the gang. My question is if I play khindkin on top of my active cards can I also in the same turn play other cards such as free characters or boosters without covering the previously active cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bridgeman92 wrote:
sorry I think I was unclear. Im not talking about playing khind kin and then on a later turn extending the gang. My question is if I play khindkin on top of my active cards can I also in the same turn play other cards such as free characters or boosters without covering the previously active cards?

Yes. Because at each step you are following the appropriate rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finn Broman
msg tools
ok thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.