BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: How to get my game published??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drue Butterfield
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Hey I was looking for advice on getting a game published but more specifically on how to get it published through big publishers like Cool Mini or Not or even Ninja Division Publishing? Any thoughts would be awesome! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
First, get it playtested and reviewed. 100 playtests or so without you there.

Then figure your category of game, who might be interested, find out if they take submissions, go meet them at a convention or mail them your product after clearing that they want to see it, leave them your prototype, wait 6-18 months.

If they say no, do it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Razo
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Take some time to review the following blog

http://www.jamesmathe.com/10000-feet-to-publishing-a-board-g...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drue Butterfield
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
how do I find out if they take submissions? Where do I even start on that process?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Razo
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry about that, I linked to the wrong blog post...

Try this one instead... You'll find a lot of helpful info to get you started in the right direction.

http://www.jamesmathe.com/courting-a-game-publisher-dos-and-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
NINE LITTLE LETTERS
badge
FECK! ARSE! DRINK! GIRLS!
mbmbmbmbmb
Very few publishers take unsolicited submissions because they generally get overwhelmed with them. Evaluation and testing a game takes a lot of time and resources and huge investment in publishing.

before you even consider approaching a publisher, your game needs to be thoroughly tested - hundreds of times at least.

There are numerous design contests into which you could submit your game. Some publishers do watch these contests, and if your game is good enough they may show interest, but it really needs to be a solid design.

Going to conventions, demoing your game to various groups and delivering a pitch is a possibility, but again your game needs to be highly polished to make the grade, particularly in such a saturated market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.