Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Schmitzer
Germany
Garching
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any similarities? Frag is a very disapointing game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Other than theme no
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
I was interested in Frag for a long time but after reading up on it I did not take the plunge.

I have only just learned about Adrenaline and I am very interested and excited about it.

So technically they are both games I have never played, but my impressions are very different. Adrenaline looks to be a very different animal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven Stassen
Belgium
Kessel-Lo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rook96 wrote:
I was interested in Frag for a long time but after reading up on it I did not take the plunge.

I have only just learned about Adrenaline and I am very interested and excited about it.

So technically they are both games I have never played, but my impressions are very different. Adrenaline looks to be a very different animal.

I've tried Frag GOLD Edition a couple of times but it never gave tjat exciting FPS feeling.

I hope Adrenaline can give us that FPS feeling, which for me is Quake 3 Arena.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Dziewonski
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
wannabe designer, arduous gamer, aspiring creator
mbmbmbmbmb
AFAIK (without checking online) Frag is very dicey and tries really hard to replicate a big map DM match.

Adrenaline is a euro-powered (no, really) shooter game, almost a resource management exercise, where you have to optimize your position (on rather tight maps), your resources (ammo), and your capabilities (weapons, quite nicely mixed and balanced). No dice, so no randomness. A very nice "who killed you" mechanic (based on amount of damage dealt). Getting fragged doesn't feel too punishing, you know you'll be back in a second, ready to exact revenge - but you do feel you're staying behind, because someone scored that important frag on you. The minis are nice, the weapons are spot-on your FPS fare, and getting an overkill (= a better chance at bonus points at the end of the game) feels like a skilful headshot :-) There's also bonuses for first blood and double kills, so it's a pretty well-rounded package.

I do have to admit that the game we played at SPIEL sorely lacked a good, blood-pumping soundtrack and an announcer.

I did not get a copy there (luggage space!), but will definitely be asking my local video/gamer group to chip in on a joint purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.