Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
GIlbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, I'm a bit confused on how to rule two things that came up last game:

Quote:
Zhi's ability: "At the end of every fight you have survived, mark yourself. For each marker you have gained, add one dice to your rolls."

When does this trigger? After each fight, or after each fight that the Sin player gets to roll attacks in? The inclusion of "you have survived" makes this very ambiguous, as it easily could have done without those three words based on how we were playing it. Keep in mind, Zhi is a shooter, and he won a lot of battles from ranged pickoffs on Acolytes.

Quote:
Wrath Sin Card, Pulling Strings: Start of a fight: Destroy a Monster in this fight, then teleport the Controller to this Space."

Can this be used to teleport a dead Controller into a battle, or does the Controller need to be alive to be teleported? We played it as if the Controller needs to be alive, but frankly that makes this card kind of weak in comparison to other Sin Controller cards in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) it would just be like baldurs ability, except you trigger it when the sins fight you as well. So everytime you fight, afterwards, if you are still alive you get marked and now you will roll +1 die.

2) he has to be on the board, the word "teleport" by the rule book says to move without regular movement rules. Other wise it would say summon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clubb
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW, if played right, Zhi is a terror to the sin player. Despite my best efforts, last game, Zhi survived enough battles to roll 9 dice plus his equipment. His defense was at 7 thanks to equipment and Kirpan's ability!

I finally killed Zhi via corruption, but he did some damage!

My suggestion to sins players is to kill him early with overwhelming force so he does not get a big dice roll!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
GIlbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, although both of those answers were not what I wanted to hear cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what do you use to keep track on the extras?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.