Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
flavio lamas
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Can the overlord choose shadow dragons in both encounters? i think it was really unbalanced :\

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless there's something saying not to, then yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Pede
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
necropower wrote:
Can the overlord choose shadow dragons in both encounters? i think it was really unbalanced :\

Shadow dragons are good, no doubt there, but might be easy for other hero teams. Expect the OL to exploit your weaknesses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fox Reinard
msg tools
If I'm reading this right, Price of Power has the same options for open groups in both encounters:
Civilized
Hot

Shadow Dragons are Dark and Cave, so neither encounter can have them unless the Overlord somehow gained a quest reward that stated Shadow Dragons are allowed to be chosen as an open group regardless of the quest's Traits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi all,
I have a question regarding the SoN Quest Price of Power, too.

In encounter 1 rules say "Each time a hero starts his turn in or moves onto a tile with a chaotic rift" the hero must make an attribute test.

RAW, a hero must test attribute when MOVING onto a tile, not when entering a tile by other means (eg. Hero abilities to teleport like Tinashi or Knight or Shadowwalker).

But is that RAI? Because heroes have to test attribute as well when starting their turn on a tile with chaotic rift, it seems to me that the important thing is to be within range of (on a tile with) a chaotic rift and therefore Heroes should test attribute when entering such a tile by any means.

How do you play it? Any input is appreciated.
I would ask FFG, but honestly I don't know how.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule intuition isn't always the way to go.

"Move" is a complicated term because it most contexts (you're right) it only means changing spaces by specific methods (movement points, move up to your speed, move x spaces, etc) but NOT others (like placing your figure). In a limited number of contexts (Syndrael's hero ability) it means to be in a different space by any means.

I would probably play that placing is "safe," because that's how it's written, and because the hero is unlikely to totally bypass a rift by place effects.

For future reference, rules questions can be submitted to FFG here, but responses are by no means immediate:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/contact/rules/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When in doubt, stick RAW to the rules.
We'll play tomorrow and I'm curious how the quest plays out.

Thanks for your quick reply and input.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.