11 Posts

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » General

Subject: That didn't take long... 6 ebay auctions up already rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
f h
msg tools
Going prices are ~$150 to ~$300 shake

Forget the ire at Riot for the problems w/ the server, these are the people who caused said problems
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Pierson
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, but check out those SOLD prices...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Shields
United States
phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those people are shit bags
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Piquette
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Hello!
badge
I had to spend this geek gold on something
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope no one gives in to these eBay prices. Riot has assured that there will be sufficient printed to meet all the demand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Quintana
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whats funny is I just logged into Riot and got a copy for 75.00 plus 5.00 shipping.

It gets stuck so all you have to do is add 1 or 2 / at the end of the URL.

Jared

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Olson
United States
Woodbine
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
One, please
mbmbmbmbmb
When I get my copy, if my group doesn't like it, I will happily sell it to another BGG user - no markup (and I guess even marked down since it will be a used copy)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Quintana
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Order Number: 110-------
Hey Jared,

We just received your order — oooh, nice choice. May it give you the strength of Braum, the intellect of Heimerdinger, and the pungent aroma of Twitch. Wait, scratch that last one.

We’ll send you an email as soon as your order is on its way.

Need to manage your order? Head on over to the My Account page for all that good stuff.

Riot Games

MY ACCOUNT

ORDER SUMMARY

Mechs Vs Minions (Wave 1)

SKU: 1241-00-00
QTY: 1

US$75.00

Item Subtotal: US$75.00
Shipping: US$5.00

Total:
US$80.00

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f h
msg tools
To be honest I'm not too upset at people trying to make a $ this way. I do hope they fail but they probably won't. What sticks in my craw though is I suspect these are the same people who used multiple accounts/credit cards and addresses to get around the 1 per person limit angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Oliver
United States
New Port Richey
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the tip Jared...I didn't think I was ever going to get through!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like 1 dude has a bite at $100 -- might be about $10 profit after shipping and fees at this point [though, I'd imagine it will go higher IF shipment #2 sells out]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I don't even think it's worth the work of spending 3-5 hours trying to purchase the game, then posting it on ebay, selling it, and paying the 20% fees to ebay, PayPal, USPS/FedEx/UPS. And you're only limited to 1 game, so even if you don't want a copy for yourself, its a lot of work to make 1 sale and honestly won't make too much. And you risk something happening to the package in transit and then you're screwed if the box gets damaged.

But I can also see someone buying on ebay because Riot doesn't ship to their area or just thought it was worth it to buy it on ebay rather than Riot for whatever reason. Anyone buying this game on ebay has to already have known the game was on sale on Riot and for some reason bought it on ebay instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.