Talisman (Revised 4th Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Question On Organizing Gameplay rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
nick licari

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, Been playing this game for a little while now and like everyone else been buying all the expansions now in a panic. I currently have: Base game, Sacred Pool, Reaper, Firelands, City, Dungeon, Highlands.

My question here is how do you organize your adventure deck? I have seen users on here type "once i separated them thats how they stayed".. what does this mean?? Do you put out like 6 piles of adventure cards and have 6 discard piles? how do you determine where your gonna draw from??

The adventure deck is huge at this point, last night I played for 2 hours before seeing a firelands card, I almost forgot the expansion was in there..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't separate them, well, I did once. A couple years ago I made a Halloween Adventure deck. But now I put all the card in 1 draw pile:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
A woman in a darkened trailer park pawns her flat-screen TV for a shotgun.
badge
Meanwhile, there's a footprint on the moon.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Since there are several times more adventure cards than you will see in a single game, depending on how many expansions you have, many Talisman fans enjoy customizing the deck to their own tastes. Some cut out all the cards they don't like and some split the deck up into sections, usually themed in some way. At one time I had the deck separated into Outer and Middle region decks, with most of the harder challenges in the Middle Region, along with most of the best rewards.

Personally I have all the expansions, and for now I've separated the adventure cards into 4 piles. Three of them are roughly themed (traditional, halloween, and elemental) and the last pile is the base set cards. I combine the base pile with one of the other 3 before playing.

In short, it's a way to get creative.

Cheers!

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Haglund
Sweden
Göteborg
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HiveGod wrote:

Awesome idea! For those that wonder, that tower is from Carcassonne: Expansion 4 – The Tower.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frankysan wrote:
HiveGod wrote:

Awesome idea! For those that wonder, that tower is from Carcassonne: Expansion 4 – The Tower.

So now that expansion has a purpose in life? Cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.