Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Royal
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to confirm, there is no box for this expansion? Mine came in a plastic bag, so I wanted to make sure that was the intented delivery housing.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Royal
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, never mind. I found an image in the gallery that shows it being packaged in a big ziplock baggie.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maui Chris
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
Valentino Rossi Fan
badge
get this ball
mbmbmbmbmb
really? that's hella ghetto!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Schulz
United States
Saint Michael
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mauigreen wrote:

No it's not. It's common in wargaming, and it keeps the price down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maui Chris
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
Valentino Rossi Fan
badge
get this ball
mbmbmbmbmb
horrido wrote:
mauigreen wrote:

you could keep the price down by not using any art or hey why even include a bag since you're shipping it... just toss it all in an envelope. print the rules on cocktail napkins...

it's cheap & terrible. agree to disagree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
mbmbmbmbmb
mauigreen wrote:
horrido wrote:
mauigreen wrote:

it's cheap

That's the point! shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wade
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mauigreen wrote:
horrido wrote:
mauigreen wrote:

you could keep the price down by not using any art or hey why even include a bag since you're shipping it... just toss it all in an envelope. print the rules on cocktail napkins...

It's neither cheap nor terrible. It reduces the cost of the product and of shipping. It's an expansion not a standalone game. You have the option of purchasing a 3" box to house the original game and th expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mauigreen wrote:
horrido wrote:
mauigreen wrote:

100% agree. There is frugal and then just cheap. In GMT'S defense, they do offer a larger box that you can buy separately.

I like how Victory Point Games offers baged versions and boxed versions so people can buy accordingly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Royal
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was the first GMT purchase I'd made that wasn't in a box, just caught me off guard. In fact, other than the $4.99 copy of Ogre, I think it's the first board game product I've bought in 700 purchases that didn't have a box.

Tis fine. The original box has room that these will fit in it, which helps. Otherwise, I'd look for the larger box online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Key
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

IT'S AN EXPANSION!!!!

They made the box for the reprint of the base game deeper to accommodate the new components AND you can buy the box separately if you have an older edition. Nothing low-rent about that.... Quite the opposite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You probably didn't know this but game boxes are one of the most expensive parts when it comes to producing a board game.

That's why companies such as FFG have standardized on some box sizes even if the game inside doesn't justify the amount of space.

mauigreen wrote:
horrido wrote:
mauigreen wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mauigreen wrote:

The whole thing fits in the original box. I prefer that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O.Shane Balloun
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
I will play as the Atreides, Bene Gesserit, Emperor, Fremen, Guild, or Harkonnen.
badge
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
mbmbmbmbmb
mauigreen wrote:

I bet if the 49ers got shipped here to the Seattle area, they'd come without a box, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Schulz
United States
Saint Michael
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Auzette wrote:
This was the first GMT purchase I'd made that wasn't in a box, just caught me off guard. In fact, other than the $4.99 copy of Ogre, I think it's the first board game product I've bought in 700 purchases that didn't have a box.

Tis fine. The original box has room that these will fit in it, which helps. Otherwise, I'd look for the larger box online.

You are missing out on a lot, then. A few examples from my collection...

High Frontier Colonization
Eagle of Lille
Desert Fox Deluxe
Operation Jubilee: Dieppe, August 1942

If a box is included, it increases price substantially and increases shipping cost. Higher price reduces demand, and therefore many of these games would never reach publication. My highest priority is getting a good game. That's not to say top notch components and a box are not desirable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Dole Melipone
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I try to only buy expansions that will fit inside the main game box anyway.

Shelf space is my most precious resource!

At least with this one I won't feel bad discarding the box... because there isn't one! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my copy today, and I was actually very pleased/relieved to see it in a "baggie" because that way, I do NOT have another box on the shelf!thumbsup! Besides... it fits in the original box too. I just store the "bits" under the center section of the insert and the two sets of cards on each end of the box. (At this time, my cards are not sleeved)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Royal
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JimM wrote:
I just got my copy today, and I was actually very pleased/relieved to see it in a "baggie" because that way, I do NOT have another box on the shelf!thumbsup! Besides... it fits in the original box too. I just store the "bits" under the center section of the insert and the two sets of cards on each end of the box. (At this time, my cards are not sleeved)

Well, great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Langley Rock
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks from above
mbmbmbmbmb
Much to my shegrin, I bit the bullet for the 3" box. With sleeved cards and organized bits, there was no way I was going to get everything in the old one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lajaro wrote:
Much to my shegrin, I bit the bullet for the 3" box. With sleeved cards and organized bits, there was no way I was going to get everything in the old one.

Yeah, I can see how the sleeves could make it harder to store it in the original box. I don't normally sleeve cards though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Buying spare decks is cheaper than buying sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jiger Mermidon
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Expansions should be in boxes, period! I'll pay the freaking $$$ difference for a box!. Like VPG, I think they should have offered it in a box purchase to us able to afford and in a baggie for all the cheapskates out there. Really disappointed with this expansion on how this was marketed.shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.