Subject: Timer won't shut off? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Lum
United States
Castro Valley
California
flag msg tools
Just received my game today in Northern California. Everything was there with nothing damage. Can't wait to play!

I did however notice that once I removed the protective tab from the timer it doesn't seem to want to turn off. Couldn't see any type of on/off switch. Thought maybe it was on an automatic shut off, but that doesn't seem to be the case either.

Faulty timer or am I just completely missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank La Terra
Australia
flag msg tools
Its just the design. I put the tab back in to preserve batter life (or just remove the battery after play)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Truth be told, the little pip-pip-pip-pip noise from the timer occasionally got lost in our crys for backup / support. Also it was hard for everyone to see how much time was left.

Awesome that they included one, but I'd find a super awesome phone timer app and go with that - something big, visible, and loud enough when the timer hits 0:00. Someone also shared some amazing MP3s here that had a 1 min warning, and a 10 second countdown, which I can't wait to try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Fern
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a Tabata timer on my phone or tablet. All the sounds are customisable so it has a 10 second lead in before starting, an air horn sound to start, a half way crash sound, the last 5 seconds have laser sounds and then a scream at the end. Seriously cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Skeletor wrote:
Its just the design. I put the tab back in to preserve batter life (or just remove the battery after play)

I do the latter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas -
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I use these:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1649066/new-soundtrack-8-tr...
Never even turned the timer on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
deekerston schweddy

Highland
California
msg tools
mb
The timer is a 5 cent piece of not meant to last ...... Phone timers work great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valek
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mb
I had no timer in the box at all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
deekerston schweddy

Highland
California
msg tools
mb
Vaaa wrote:
I had no timer in the box at all

Neither did I.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Alves
Portugal
Setubal
Setubal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found one app which work best. Turn Timer (IOS)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/turn-timer/id505961195?uo=4&...

It lets setting a time. It beeps once at 1 minute left then beeps consecutively for each minute after 10 secs and the ends beeps a lot.

I find it useful because one event/monster reduce 20 secs of your action phase time. It can happen to have both, so you will have 1m 20 sec.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Boyd
United Kingdom
Newtownards
County Down
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At least you got your timer to work! I took the tab out of mine last night for our first game and while it was on you couldn't see anything on the screen. You had to tilt it to see the timer. In the end we used a phone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.