Popular Tags: [View All]
This Guy
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm picking up the last couple expansions to have a complete set. I own the premium box. I love the game.

But I've only been able to get a handful of learning games in with people.

I was looking at decklists and thinking about how to get a good set together at the end state of the game, but realized the story has progressed over the past two years.

Then I realized it could be a lot of fun to start with decks from the beginning, and then have decks for milestones in the story. More or less simulating playing over time. But with "fixed" decks for friends who would enjoy playing, but not deck building.

I wouldn't know where to start or how to make it work, but it seems like a fun idea. Anybody else thought about coming at it this way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
Naarden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fun idea!

I guess one thing you could do is deliberately start with certain characters who will at some point get replaced, either by their own Experienced version or removed entirely (because they died).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This Guy
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I thought about having groups of decks that were built using the card pool up to each expansion, for instance, 1 group of 4 decks using just the base set, then play with another set of 4 decks for base set plus the first saddlebag expansion, then another set of 4 decks using the second and so on.

I think that might be too slow, fiddly to manage, and put factions in a rut where the draw structure is confining for players. 18 sessions at one play per set seems tedious.

I haven't played enough to have a sense of how good an idea it would be to try this out using bicycle decks all the way through, but it seems like it might be more balanced by having everyone equally hamstrung.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.