Popular Tags: [View All]
Marty Lund
American Samoa
Ontonagon
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone!

My site (Thanks to Jay Sears) has had a face lift!

I don't yet have any finished games, but you can follow my site to keep in check!

I say a little more about Empires Destiny as well.

Check it out here - http://nighthuntgames.weebly.com/

Thanks!

Marty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
59 4 76(!!) 14 7 52
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it's certainly more pleasant to look at than the previous site, but it also betrays that you've just thrown a template up; no real work has gone into this. I'd say you need real content sooner rather than later (assume someone's first visit is going to be their last).

Also, you definitely need a pass for grammar, spelling, and relevance. For example, "my interests are 'Snowboarding' 'Iceskating' 'Skateboarding' 'Volleyball'" has the following issues:
* "ice skating" is misspelled.
* lots of things are miscapitalized
* commas are missing
* none of this matters for pitching your games

Additionally, your Contact page appears to be pre-populated with your own info -- you've replaced the "Email" explanation for what the field is with your own email address, for example. I'd guess, given the rest of those errors, that the map insert probably points to your house.

Finally, you've even got your name misspelled on the main page, and the thing with your page title (where it's pushed off the right of my browser by the inclusion of 40 or so spaces) is annoying. So, on balance, none of this looks the least bit professional, and I've got no reason to visit again for game-related reasons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Lund
American Samoa
Ontonagon
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well as you can tell, it is very wip, And It is only here so that you can keep in touch with my board games, and download future pnps.

And I don't know why you think the title is miss spelled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.grammarly.com/blog/how-to-use-an-exclamation-poi...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
59 4 76(!!) 14 7 52
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hicitup wrote:
Well as you can tell, it is very wip
Then it's the wrong time to promote to people. Get it ready to show, then promote it. Assume you'll only ever get one visit from a given person and make that visit count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lee
United States
East Meadow
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lomn wrote:
Hicitup wrote:
Well as you can tell, it is very wip
Then it's the wrong time to promote to people. Get it ready to show, then promote it. Assume you'll only ever get one visit from a given person and make that visit count.

If I was browsing around and saw the site in its present condition, I'd remember to never trust anything from that company due to the grammatical and basic spelling errors alone. If the website (which should have had plenty of care taken because it's likely someone's first exposure to the company) has all of these sloppy problems, then why would I think a produced game would be any better done?

Said by many others before me: First impressions count. If you lose them at the first impression, it's too late to fix those changes and get them to come back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Lund
American Samoa
Ontonagon
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I agree. And my website is not supposed to be professional, it is just a simple way to follow my game progress.

And if I was to publish a game, it would obviously have much more editing as far as grammar goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
59 4 76(!!) 14 7 52
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hicitup wrote:
And if I was to publish a game, it would obviously have much more editing as far as grammar goes.
But why should anyone believe that? The standard you put forward (i.e. your "game company" website) is the standard people will expect. In fact, I suspect branding it as a company site makes it even worse; something that is strictly personal in nature is likely to get more leeway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lee
United States
East Meadow
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hicitup wrote:
Yes I agree. And my website is not supposed to be professional, it is just a simple way to follow my game progress.

You are forgetting something very important here: YOU are the product the page represents. If I think your thought process is sloppy with not much attention or care taken at all, then why would I follow anything you are doing since in all likelihood, you may come up some great ideas, but I don't have the faith that you could give it the attention it deserves?

The Designer's reputation does matter, or maybe you don't buy or look at anything by such unknowns like Reiner Knizia, or Klaus Teuber, or Friedemann Friese, or Martin Wallace? Or do you think it's okay to be thought of as unprofessional? Things last a lot longer on the Net than people think, so why not put your best foot forward?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Lund
American Samoa
Ontonagon
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I agree, and this wasn't supposed to be my game designer website, it was supposed to be like a blog. People can follow the games I am working if they want type of thing.

But I do agree with you guys, and seeing as though I am giving my self a bad reputation, I think I will take it down.

Thanks for the feed back all!

Marty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.