Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » General

Subject: Shipping estimate updates rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Sorrell
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
Anyone have any word on shipping estimates? I'm sure there is a comment in one of these threads somewhere about this, but the number of threads and comments here has gone up exponentially in the last 6 hours and as such is slightly more difficult to sift through... My order finally went through and I'm wondering if anyone from Riot can or has offered any sort of clarification on the shipping timeframe. Apologies for creating a new thread for a question that has no doubt already been asked. Many thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
United States
Forest Hill
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right from Kades himself...

"In the US, we're using UPS Ground and it should be shipping out of Wisconsin. I think we're also able to process around 2k units a day, so it may be a couple days before it gets shipped and then, depending on your proximity to Wisconsin, I'd expect it between 2 days and 2 weeks. Which is quite the spread, but I'd rather manage expectations rather than disappoint anyone."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Briarcliff Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jak84 wrote:
Anyone have any word on shipping estimates? I'm sure there is a comment in one of these threads somewhere about this, but the number of threads and comments here has gone up exponentially in the last 6 hours and as such is slightly more difficult to sift through... My order finally went through and I'm wondering if anyone from Riot can or has offered any sort of clarification on the shipping timeframe. Apologies for creating a new thread for a question that has no doubt already been asked. Many thanks!

Their ambition is to get 2,000 shipped a day, so they're hoping to get everything out in the course of about a week.

As far as how long it'll take before things arrive, I believe they're shipping from Wisconsin, so proximity to Wisconsin will be a determining factor there.

I . . . think I read packages are shipping via USPS, but please don't quote me on that one.

Edit: too slow . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Enns
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that they typed UPS Ground. One question, UPS charges at the door for "Broker Fees". I was charged $10.05 for Customs and taxes when I checked out. Will that void UPS from charging their brokerage fee as I've already paid that ( 10.05 works our two roughly $14 Canadian ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Sorrell
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
Goemon12677 wrote:
Right from Kades himself...

"In the US, we're using UPS Ground and it should be shipping out of Wisconsin. I think we're also able to process around 2k units a day, so it may be a couple days before it gets shipped and then, depending on your proximity to Wisconsin, I'd expect it between 2 days and 2 weeks. Which is quite the spread, but I'd rather manage expectations rather than disappoint anyone."

Thank you very much for the update! Well I live in Alaska so imagine I'll be closer to the 2 weeks end of that spectrum. It's all good though. Looking forward to playing with my daughter for her birthday, she's turning 9 and got really excited by the Watch it Played how to's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
United States
Forest Hill
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
no problem man!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
syliconslycer wrote:
I believe that they typed UPS Ground. One question, UPS charges at the door for "Broker Fees". I was charged $10.05 for Customs and taxes when I checked out. Will that void UPS from charging their brokerage fee as I've already paid that ( 10.05 works our two roughly $14 Canadian ).

I was charged about 16 for taxes/duties. Huh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
syliconslycer wrote:

Yes, it should. If it doesn't, please contact our player support and we'll help you get it sorted with iParcel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We're all individuals
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
We play to have fun!
mbmbmbmbmb
syliconslycer wrote:

Hi there - there is a huge post on this on the forums - with lots of Canadians posting. Whilst it states that this is coming using iParcel to Canada (which should mean no extra charges), many of us are waiting to see if we do get other charges - but hoping and expecting to not to

"Let's chat about shipping" - sorry do not know how to link to it :-(

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LJplays wrote:
syliconslycer wrote:

Different province, different taxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Logus Vile wrote:
LJplays wrote:
syliconslycer wrote:

I'm guessing $16.53 is for us 13% HST provinces (e.g. Ontario). $10.05 is probably the 5% GST only provinces? God help Atlantic Canada.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Enns
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
syliconslycer wrote:

Yes, it should. If it doesn't, please contact our player support and we'll help you get it sorted with iParcel.

Allright, will do
Thanks
Carl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C
United States
Muscatine
Iowa
flag msg tools
Goemon12677 wrote:
it should be shipping out of Wisconsin.

Heck, if I knew they were sending from Wisconsin, I might've just drove over and picked it up myself*.

* I don't believe this was a shipping option

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Tang
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Madison, WI, here also. Where you guys at?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C
United States
Muscatine
Iowa
flag msg tools
4ntonio wrote:
Madison, WI, here also. Where you guys at?

Actually I'm on the Eastern side of Iowa, but I still might've made the drive if it was Madison, or the Green Bay area (where I have family).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Whyte
Australia
Gold Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
what about outside the US like Australia?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Whyte
Australia
Gold Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mick_whyte wrote:
what about outside the US like Australia?

scratch that saw on other forum ships tomorrow , got it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Logus Vile wrote:
LJplays wrote:
syliconslycer wrote:

Really? Thanks coach. Except that Ontario and Manitoba have the same total tax rate. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LJplays wrote:
Really? Thanks coach. Except that Ontario and Manitoba have the same total tax rate. shake
Then it doesn't make sense. Did anybody else only get charged $10? What's the common denominator? I got charged $16 like everybody else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
$10 in Vancouver

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Steinbauer
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
18$ for Montreal. But that's okay, therefore all services are more shit in Quebec.......WAIT A MINUTE!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Almalik wrote:
$10 in Vancouver

By comparison, that's not right either. At 12%, BC should pay a tiny bit less than ON, not over 30% less.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Parceval wrote:
18$ for Montreal. But that's okay, therefore all services are more shit in Quebec.......WAIT A MINUTE!

I just played around with the gc duty calculator. The exchange I got for 75 US was just under 99. At that price, Ontario residents should pay 12.86 duty while BC and Manitoba pay 11.86 and QC pays a little over 14. So I'm confused. Seems like Ontario and Quebec overpaid by approximately 25% and others paid about 10% less. I'd like an explanation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LJplays wrote:
Parceval wrote:

I just played around with the gc duty calculator. The exchange I got for 75 US was just under 99. At that price, Ontario residents should pay 12.86 duty while BC and Manitoba pay 11.86 and QC pays a little over 14. So I'm confused. Seems like Ontario and Quebec overpaid by approximately 25% and others paid about 10% less. I'd like an explanation.

Actually I totally forgot for a second that we paid that in US dollars, so we paid even more....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.