Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey folks,

after seeing the (current) images of Huey Leader, it looks like it will be game design-wise very similar to Thunderbolt Apache Leader.

Is my first impression correct ? Does anyone know details ?

Thanks !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McFall
United States
Manhattan
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the same type of warfare so "yes", it the same that way. It's in a different time period so "no", it's not exactly the same.

Take a game on WW1 aerial warfare and find a similar combat mechanic of another game in WW2. If you look too far out then "yeah" they are the same.

Are they? Not really.

I believe there will be enough differences between these two games.

Even though I just said that, I'm only going to buy one. I am doing that because they are about the same type of warfare and I have more than 500 games. I gotta make a choice somewhere...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Clinton
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Kyur wrote:
Hey folks,

after seeing the (current) images of Huey Leader, it looks like it will be game design-wise very similar to Thunderbolt Apache Leader.

Is my first impression correct ? Does anyone know details ?

Thanks !

shake More like a pipe-dream at this point.

I doubt it will get made at this point.

GG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fike
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am with the impression(but could be mistaken) that Huey Leader was designed before Thunderbolt. But Huey never published...the waiting list goes back at least 5 years, if not longer.

As for it never happening, I believe it is going to happen. With Sherman Leader, there is a push for Huey and Israeli Leader. (Or that is my impression).

Huey is going to be less about close support, it has to be...Hueys aren't Apaches! If done right, it should be about rescue and delivery...which is what they were used primarily for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
schmoo34 wrote:
Huey is going to be less about close support, it has to be...Hueys aren't Apaches! If done right, it should be about rescue and delivery...which is what they were used primarily for.

True, I saw aircraft cards with "cargo" slots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Reston
United States
Albquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
schmoo34 wrote:
I am with the impression(but could be mistaken) that Huey Leader was designed before Thunderbolt. But Huey never published...the waiting list goes back at least 5 years, if not longer.

As for it never happening, I believe it is going to happen. With Sherman Leader, there is a push for Huey and Israeli Leader. (Or that is my impression).

From what I'm seeing at this time, IAFL is already getting a Kickstarter, with Huey Leader following close behind. For more information, check out my thread that covers the latest on Israeli Air Force Leader.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1645738/coming-soon-kicksta...

And not only the whole rescue and transport thing will encompass the gameplay, but also supplying Forward Camps/Bases and supporting friendlies any way you can is another integral piece.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Clinton
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Huey Leader is dead or stalled for a very, very long time.

The "count" of pre-orders has not risen *AT ALL* in a full year. The number has not increased by more than a dozen in almost 2 years.

I am one of them, I know. I have been watching.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ainsworth
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Might have something to do with how Tiger Leader was received.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Reston
United States
Albquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
Grumbling Grognard wrote:
Huey Leader is dead or stalled for a very, very long time.

The "count" of pre-orders has not risen *AT ALL* in a full year. The number has not increased by more than a dozen in almost 2 years.

I am one of them, I know. I have been watching.

On the contrary, it'll be getting a Kickstarter early next year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Clinton
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
"Contrary"? LOL! shake You just confirmed what I said.

The publication and printing of this based upon preorders is D-E-A-D and if what you say is true DVG will attempt to fund the game via KickStarter.

GG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Reston
United States
Albquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
...Blast.

I can only hope that they can not only expand upon what made TAL great, but also adapting well to the Vietnam War theme.

Elsewhere, check out my coverage of the news regarding IAFL... I'm bringing in some decent feedback there and on Facebook alike.
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1645738/coming-soon-kicksta...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Beckler
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping DVG does away with the pre-order system and concentrates on Kickstarter or similar crowd-funding approaches... They seem to have had more success in generating interest and order commitments via Kickstarter and actually getting games into the production pipeline than the preorder system, where concepts languish for years. Plus, there's the logistical hassle of tracking two different order systems. And with Kickstarter, they get immediate feedback about the viability of a game, and the customers are usually able to learn more about a game before committing to purchase.

Personally, I get confused, trying to remember which games I pre-ordered as the years ago by. I had that problem with Gato Leader recently - I had to dig through years of emails to see if I had actually pre-ordered the game. Even then, there was confusion when it came time to ship the game.

But my guess is that they will Kickstart Huey Leader sometime in 2017. I believe all of the Leaders they have Kickstarted have been produced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Reston
United States
Albquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
wedgeantilles1971 wrote:
I'm hoping DVG does away with the pre-order system and concentrates on Kickstarter or similar crowd-funding approaches... They seem to have had more success in generating interest and order commitments via Kickstarter and actually getting games into the production pipeline than the preorder system, where concepts languish for years. Plus, there's the logistical hassle of tracking two different order systems. And with Kickstarter, they get immediate feedback about the viability of a game, and the customers are usually able to learn more about a game before committing to purchase.

Personally, I get confused, trying to remember which games I pre-ordered as the years ago by. I had that problem with Gato Leader recently - I had to dig through years of emails to see if I had actually pre-ordered the game. Even then, there was confusion when it came time to ship the game.

But my guess is that they will Kickstart Huey Leader sometime in 2017. I believe all of the Leaders they have Kickstarted have been produced.

January-February 2017, to be precise, Beckler. I learned this from DVG's official Facebook page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeddy
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grandvp124_seraph wrote:

January-February 2017, to be precise, Beckler. I learned this from DVG's official Facebook page.

Have you a direct link to this info Gerald? I'd be most interested

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.