Hide
4 Posts

War of the Ring (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hunt roll with no red dice in hunt box rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Smith
msg tools
Had a question and wasn't sure what to do. On my friend's first turn, he did not allocate any red action dice to the hunt pool and did not roll any eye's. I wanted to move the fellowship, should any dice rolled? Is there a minimum of one die to be rolled? I am not sure what to do in that situation. Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Sauron'S attention lies elsewhere and the Fellowship moves unhunted. No dice are rolled.

In Mordor however, you still draw a Hunt tile every time the Fellowship moves, and Eye tiles will cause Hunt damage equal to the number of dice (blue too, even if no red ones) in the Hunt box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
Yup, no dice.
That's the risk of not allocating any dice. If you also don't roll any, the fellowship has free reign to marsh as far as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koolin
Netherlands
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can only allocate no red dice if the FSP has not moved previous turn. This is an important rule that can have rather large impact for both sides as you noticed with moving unhindered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.