Hide
3 Posts

Tide of Iron: Next Wave» Forums » Rules

Subject: concussive firepower rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
david wood
msg tools

A buddy and I were playing the other day and a debate came up over concussive firepower.

A Sherman at normal range firing at a squad in a building.
(fire and movement action)

1.Sherman firepower is 3 + 3 = 6 if it fires first and then moves. Right or wrong?

2.Sherman firepower is 3 + 3 = 6 if it moves first and then attacks. Right or wrong?

My buddy is saying it should be 5, not 6. Firepower is 6 + 3 = 9 divided by 2 = 4.5 rounded to 5. That is his formula whether you fire and move or move and fire. Who is correct? Me or my buddy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh J Jones
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your friend is correct in this example. You always add up your total fire power, base + bonuses - penalties first before halving it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your buddy is indeed correct. I found this rule very hard to wrap my head around at first, since it's the opposite to what you normally do in math: first you add or substract and then you divide (I don't think there is any actual multiplication in the game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.