Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vowels were trashed normally upon use until the pile was empty. After that, whenever one was used it would be trashed back to the supply and be available for purchase again. Is that how the regular game is played?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the physical game, vowels are removed from the game once taken and used. They should not reenter the game.

I haven't encountered this as I rarely take them, and I haven't seen the AIs take them much either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It happened in my first game both when I used them and when the AI did. In my second game, the AI was the only one with those cards when the pile was emptied. It got to use them both twice before the game ended (because it always bought them back after playing them). From whatyou say, it must be a bug. I guess I'll send a bug report unless I see a response here in the next few days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fowers
United States
OGDEN
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
in practice, I do recommend recycling the vowels. Some new players can burn down the 2, 3, 4 piles and stall the game out. Having vowels always there helps prevent that. The desired behavior for the app is to just put the trashed vowels on the bottom of the pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fubeca wrote:
in practice, I do recommend recycling the vowels. Some new players can burn down the 2, 3, 4 piles and stall the game out. Having vowels always there helps prevent that. The desired behavior for the app is to just put the trashed vowels on the bottom of the pile.

After playing again, I had decided I liked what the app was doing and was going to play the card game similarly. Thanks for the clarification; I hadn't realized all the trashed vowels were going back into the supply (it's very difficult to tell until the stack has been exhausted). Anyway, it makes more sense than only recycling that last couple of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.