Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Kmak
United States
Parrish
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Please tell me if I am interpreting the rules correctly.

The Directorio (or 26July) can attack in a space by activating guerrillas or with previously activated guerrillas, but must activate an underground guerrilla to do an ambush. Do I have that right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
mbmbmbmbmb
You've got it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Phelps
United States
Canal Fulton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind that you must activate all guerrillas in the space when you attack. You cannot choose to only attack with previously activated guerrillas and leave some underground.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Seda
United States
Duluth
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To extend on the question, I had a couple of related ones of my own.

1) Does ambush have to be one of the areas selected for the attack operation (but activating just 1 guerrilla instead of all and treating as if rolled 1)? Or is it a separate action in addition to the attack?

2) When attacking, does at least one guerrilla have to be underground in an area prior to the attack? And then the die roll compared to all active guerrillas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bcseda wrote:
To extend on the question, I had a couple of related ones of my own.

1) Does ambush have to be one of the areas selected for the attack operation (but activating just 1 guerrilla instead of all and treating as if rolled 1)?

Let's see what the rule says:

"4.3.2 Ambush. An Ambush enables 26July to ensure the complete success of an Attack in 1 space. It must take place in a space selected for Attack (3.3.3, not yet resolved) and that has at least 1 Underground 26July Guerrilla (1.4.3)."

Quote:
2) When attacking, does at least one guerrilla have to be underground in an area prior to the attack?

Not as long as you just Attack, no.

Quote:
And then the die roll compared to all active guerrillas?

Compared to the Attacking Faction's Guerrillas in the space, all of which will be Active at this point. Active Guerrillas from other Factions don't count.

Regards,
Oerjan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Seda
United States
Duluth
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. That's where I fell on interpreting the rules for all those cases, but there was a disagreement between players regarding the first question in our previous (2nd) game. Mostly just wanted confirmation.

Oerjan wrote:
Active Guerrillas from other Factions don't count

I should have been clearer, but yes, my question was specific to the querrillas of the attacking faction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.