United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
Why play 'em when you can trade 'em?!?!
badge
And on the 8th day, God said "Let there be Math Trades"
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a US shipping math trade. To partisipate you must be able to ship and receive from/to a US address. By default, you must ship your game(at no cost to the receiver) to the cont 48 states. Item's that you'll be sending via USPS flat rate or 1st class, ship for the same amount to all 50 states. The less you restrict your shipping, the more potential you have that it will trade. That is all that will be said about the mattercool

Trade Here: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/215629/october-16-us-math...
Request Geeklist Here: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/215630/october-16-us-math...

Rules and Guidelines:

d10-1This trade will utilize the OLWLG (http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/) please get comfortable with it before the end of the trade.

d10-2You are required to accurately describe the condition of your game. This entails inventorying all parts including inserts.

d10-3Unless stated, it will be assumed that your game is the most recent printing. If the primary language is something other than English, this needs to be clearly stated, even if the game is language independent. Please subscribe to all of your listings and publically acknowledge all questions.

Sample Description:

Condition: 1 corner dented(Photo Below)
Edition: Multilingual 2nd
Ships: Free to all 50 incl MPO's

d10-4Add sweeteners by typing the name of the game into the "board game" box of drop down menu so they properly displays in the OLWLG.

d10-5If you have reason to remove an item, please DELETE it. The OLWLG handles this just fine. See rule 6.

d10-6Subscribe to any and all items you are interested in, rather than writing down the number. If you write down the number and an item gets removed, the number will change.

d10-7Items that are not in the database but related to gaming or a similar culture are allowed within reason. You will need to use outside the scope of BGG and altname tags.

d10-8 Absolutely no GC/GG arbitrage. This means that if you are offering a gift card or cash equivalent, you may not add a gift card or cash as a want for that item. If you intend to trade for cash equivalents, you must pay BGG a 3% commission. See Guidelines

d10-9 Any disputes will be mediated by the moderator. Results not final until posted my the moderator.

A Personal note, please read:

While > 99% of the time trades go through smoothly, you are dealing with humans. Humans let other humans down and sometimes take advantage of them. If you are not ready to accept this fact, I suggest you refrain from entering this trade.

I am running this trade because I think that MT's are the best part of our hobby and I want to make some trades. I am donating my time both for selfish reasons(to make trades) and out of gratitude to those that moderated the dozens of trades that I have enjoyed partisipating in. I am under no obligation to make everyone happy, nor will I try. Should you not like me or the way I run this trade, please refrain from entering.

Helpful Links:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA-hiERrMk8
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/287152/math-trades-dummies

ITERATIONS=50
SEED=101316
METRIC=users-trading

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Thursday, October 20th, 2016, 11:00 PM EDT
Deadline-Wants: Monday, October 24th, 2016, 11:00 PM EDT
%End%
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
Solo Gaming Reviews and Commentary
badge
Solo Gaming Reviews and Commentary
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool I was doing one next week, now I don't have to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:
Cool I was doing one next week, now I don't have to.

Dammit, I should have waited another week, but I'm weak
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Porter
United States
Bangor
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Request list link seems to not be working?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
templarjr wrote:
Request list link seems to not be working?

Working nowninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for this MT!

On the OLWLG, this trade is at the bottom of the "no ship" trade list...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wallace
United States
Pittsford
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the trade Geek List, the link to the discussion list does not have a hyperlink yet...it is showing just as text.

Thanks for running this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Nicely
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was hoping for an MT and now that there is I'm kinda stoked. Thanks for running this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
21 22 44 19 6 12 ??
badge
mbmbmbmb
Official endorsements of item deletion! Hooray!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Goodstein
United States
Sunrise
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've added my games that are up for trade to the geeklist... when I go to OLWLG and try to add the games I want to trade for, it asks "which of your games would you trade for?" but my games aren't listed there... Do I just have to wait until my games get added to the OLWLG? Or am I doing something wrong? (i've done a few math trades a while ago... just don't remember exactly how it works, and maybe I'm getting it confused with Abecorn, but I don't remember having to wait... but I could be wrong)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Goodstein
United States
Sunrise
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One more question... probably a stupid one that I know the answer to, but just in case... If I have my games listed on Abecorn too (edit: the Perpetual Trade thing)... I assume I should remove them from Abecorn now if I'm going to list them in the OLWLG math trade? (I don't want to be one of those who refuse a trade I already essentially accepted on Abecorn) Or is there a different way to handle being in multiple trades?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lamkin
United States
Wheaton
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joemomma wrote:
One more question... probably a stupid one that I know the answer to, but just in case... If I have my games listed on Abecorn too... I assume I should remove them from Abecorn now if I'm going to list them in the OLWLG math trade? (I don't want to be one of those who refuse a trade I already essentially accepted on Abecorn) Or is there a different way to handle being in multiple trades?

I was planning to just blank my Abecorn list during the period where this list is locked and before we get our trade results.

But during the add games window if it trades I can just remove it from here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
joemomma wrote:
One more question... probably a stupid one that I know the answer to, but just in case... If I have my games listed on Abecorn too... I assume I should remove them from Abecorn now if I'm going to list them in the OLWLG math trade? (I don't want to be one of those who refuse a trade I already essentially accepted on Abecorn) Or is there a different way to handle being in multiple trades?

1) The OLWLG syncs when the trade moderators pushes the "sync" button. Your stuff will not show up there until after the next sync.

2) No need to remove items from Abecorn. My plan is to leave my stuff up on both sites since Abecorn will trade 2-3 times before this trade wraps up.

Any items I trade via abecorn, I will delete from the geeklist or submit a blank want list via the OLWLG.

After the last abecorn trade before the want list deadline here, I will blank the Abecorn matrix for my items here. If they don't trade here, I will fill the matrix back in. If they do, then I will delete the games from Abecorn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bailey
United States
Warner Robins
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
“I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it.” ― Terry Pratchett
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm on the OLWG trying to add items, but whenever I click the "Add this to Geeklist" button, I get an Invalid Action error message. The error message is still showing as a BGG page (not like a blank white 404 error message kind of screen), so it doesn't appear to be a problem with my browser. Never had this happen before. Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bailey
United States
Warner Robins
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
“I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it.” ― Terry Pratchett
mbmbmbmbmb
dbailey wrote:
I'm on the OLWG trying to add items, but whenever I click the "Add this to Geeklist" button, I get an Invalid Action error message. The error message is still showing as a BGG page (not like a blank white 404 error message kind of screen), so it doesn't appear to be a problem with my browser. Never had this happen before. Any suggestions?

For clarity:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Goodstein
United States
Sunrise
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have an answer for you, but when I click on "Add Item", I'm not getting the error. But I am clicking on a like that says "Add Item", not "Add this to Geeklist" as you stated... could you be clicking on the wrong thing or are we talking about 2 different things?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harper Hobbs
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Grr to those of you separating your expansions from the base game. So if you trade the base game you are left with an unplayable expansion???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
No one expects the Spanish penguin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bhobs wrote:
Grr to those of you separating your expansions from the base game. So if you trade the base game you are left with an unplayable expansion???

Yes, but there are sometimes good reasons for this.

I set my bar lower for what I'm willing to accept for just the base game or just the expansion alone. But I'm going to want more for both combined, and usually there are few to no offerings that I'd be willing to trade the bulk for.

I agree, I'd much rather be receiving both base game and expansion, but on the sending side, it doesn't always work out.

EDIT: And some people are only looking for the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harper Hobbs
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
right but you also need to consider that you are paying double shipping by shipping to two separate locations. So you are actually drastically loosing value because it will cause you more in shipping charges.

So paying $8-$13 to ship a $20 expansion seems pretty illogical when you can combine with base and ensure more people wanting your game thus allowing you to reach for something better yourself and saving you $$.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason King
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JBMoby wrote:
joemomma wrote:

1) The OLWLG syncs when the trade moderators pushes the "sync" button. Your stuff will not show up there until after the next sync.

2) No need to remove items from Abecorn. My plan is to leave my stuff up on both sites since Abecorn will trade 2-3 times before this trade wraps up.

Any items I trade via abecorn, I will delete from the geeklist or submit a blank want list via the OLWLG.

After the last abecorn trade before the want list deadline here, I will blank the Abecorn matrix for my items here. If they don't trade here, I will fill the matrix back in. If they do, then I will delete the games from Abecorn.

So when do you think they'll update the list? Nightly at midnight?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
No one expects the Spanish penguin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bhobs wrote:
right but you also need to consider that you are paying double shipping by shipping to two separate locations. So you are actually drastically loosing value because it will cause you more in shipping charges.

So paying $8-$13 to ship a $20 expansion seems pretty illogical when you can combine with base and ensure more people wanting your game thus allowing you to reach for something better yourself and saving you $$.

If I'm losing a game and an expansion I'd rather pay $16-26 for two games than pay $8-13 for one game. It's been considered.

Paying $8-$13 to ship a $20 expansion isn't any worse than paying $8-$13 to ship a $20 game, or a $10 game... which, yes, happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
21 22 44 19 6 12 ??
badge
mbmbmbmb
pilotneko wrote:
Whenever the trade moderator, who is a human with a human schedule, goes to sync it. It happens periodically and the trade does not suffer for it. Don't worry about it happening quickly; everything will work out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
lomn wrote:
pilotneko wrote:
Whenever the trade moderator, who is a human with a human schedule, goes to sync it. It happens periodically and the trade does not suffer for it. Don't worry about it happening quickly; everything will work out.

In the OLWLG user settings you can set it to geek mail you anytime a trade you have items in is synced.

Highly recommended Turning that on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry DeYoung
United States
Export
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Ben, for moderating this trade!

One quick question: If I package a $25 BGG Store gift certificate and a lower value game, say Sail to India, should I make the listing as an Outside the Scope of BGG with Sail to India as the sweetener? Or should it be the other way around -- a listing for Sail to India with the $25 BGG Store gift certificate as the sweetener?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Leslie
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My inclination would be to list it as the game with a gift certificate sweetener... People who aren't particularly interested in the game are probably unlikely to submit wants for it, but people wanting the game would now list higher value items to trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.