Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sal
United States
-
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if Memoir '44 had a rule or a variant that allows players to army build and set up a random scenario and objective? Basically how Battlelore 2 edition is set up. Is this possible, and if so would I need any expansions or just the base game?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not officially, no. The closest thing are the Campaign Books and D-Day expansions, which give you a little control over the type of reinforcements you bring in, but that is not exactly what you are looking for. You could try searching the "Variant's" forum for a player-designed rule for this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giulio
Italy
Scandiano
RE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. I've never seen something of this kind. Consider however that the base game is sufficient to play an enormous amount of scenarios, several hundredths maybe, considering the non official scenarios, which are in general very good. But if you don't resist to make your plastic soldiers army, that's my suggestion. It;s crude, to say the least, but might be useful as a starting point.

Board and terrain: pick a map for one of the scenario of the base game. Avoid landing scenarios. One player, maybe randomly determined, chose the side and deploy first.

Units: Decide the number of muster point (MP) available to players. I suggest a range from 20 to 30 muster points. The cost of troops is:

Infantry: 2
Armor: 3
Artillery: 4
Sandbag x 2: 1
Bunker: 1

Deployment: Troops must be deployed in the two baseline rows. In addition, every player places 1 temporary medal objective in one hex of the second baseline row of the opponent.

Victory conditions: The required number of medal is MP/5.

Edit: tried to improve my seemingly random typing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Keane
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I can understand why Battlelore does this, because there are no real scenarios to simulate. With M44, a large part of my enjoyment is reading about the scenarios and comparing how our strategies, tactics, and outcomes were similar or different to history. I see no value in creating random scenarios and building armies - Heroscape fills that niche for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try Heroes of Normandie which is designed for these type of army building matches. Points are assigned to all units as wells as command, ability and equipment options and these elements are "recruited" into recruitment boards representing platoons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.