BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Do It Yourself

Subject: DIY Privacy/GM Screens / Player Control Panel rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Tan
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My favourite game is Forbidden Stars and my friends usually got spend time browsing through the upgrade cards, miscalculating the units left on their hands, and also running out of place to put stuff on the table.

That's why I created this Privacy Screen / Control Panel to fulfill all these requirements :

1. Players can see the race Order and Combat "Tech Tree" in a glance
2. Players can see the number of units left in a glance
3. Saves space on the table
4. Hide your remaining Order Tokens from the enemy's sight
5. Speeds up Setup and Tear down
6. You can decorate this thing, based on your faction (I've yet to do this lol). Very thematic!

But remember to put your purchased Order upgrade cards & Event Deck outside of the screen for your opponent to see! So that they don't call you a cheater

Cards are easily removed as I used KMC Perfect Fit sleeves for all the cards, and I double-taped a regular sleeve (cut into half for easier removal), so the Perfect Fit Cards and be mounted into the regular sleeve.

Fits perfectly into the box with some extra space to stuck your finger in! Now to decorate the screen and do the other races next...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.