Subject: Painting Minis? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randy Auschrat
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like the topic says, anyone else thinking about painting their set?

I'm going to attempt it, but we'll have to see how far I actually get. May just paint 20 or 30 and hopefully just cycle through them when playing.

There's no way that you would actually need all 100 is there?

Wheekers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Penny
Australia
Greenslopes
Queensland
flag msg tools
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather, who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll probably do it if I like the game.

I imagine it'll be made easier if you prime them with a colour that makes up the major part of the mini like the clothing and then just do a really simple bit of base colouring and 1 highlight.

I don't know if you would need all 100 at once but I hope so
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
elac yenwod
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
The dice tower live play had a lot on the board, not sure exactly how many though but they commented that's why the game comes with 100.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Waxman

Falcon Heights
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be painting them all. Will try 4 or 5 different color schemes for variety.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I considered it, but then looked at my backlog of Imperial Assault, The Others, and soon to be Dark Souls, Blood Bowl, This War of Mine.... yeah I'm quite ok with how the minions look!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Zenithal prime: Completely spray black, then highlight prime in red. Army Painter's Pure Red and Dragon Red look like good colors.

Base: Paint black, then drybrush in grey.

Underpaint black: Paint black areas that will be painted grey, metallic, or brown.

Metallics: Paint metal surfaces in metallic, followed by a dark wash, such as Army Painter Dark Tone.

Reds: Paint clothing red, followed by a red wash, such as Army Painter Red Quickshade Ink. If you're not using a red spray paint, undercoat in flesh.

Brown: Paint belt and weapon handle brown.

Color primer: http://shop.thearmypainter.com/products.php?ProductGroupId=1...
Quickshade ink set: http://shop.thearmypainter.com/products.php?ProductGroupId=8... Quickshade Ink Set II

Also see my post on painting red: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1130649/tips-thin-colors

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Like Nigel, I have a bunch of other miniatures to paint - Imperial Assault, Blood Rage, Arcadia Quest, & Conan. And, I don't think that's even half of what I have to paint.

With this game, I'm not sure I have that much interest in painting it. The minions might get painted if I did something very simple. I'd go simple for two reasons. First, it doesn't make them stand out more than the already painted minis. Second, there's 100 of the damn things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also discussed in this thread, including a picture of one of the Riot guy's painted minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Mason
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I might paint them... If I do, this is definitely a case for colored primer if there ever was one. Colored primer helped me make short work of my 100 zombies in Run, Fight, or Die...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
These are already washed to bring out the detail... with all the other things I have to do, I don't think I want to paint 100 fodder minions that already look pretty good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think fully painting them will make the board to busy. I may change my opinion after seeing some painted though. I am thinking about at most adding a blue glow effect to their eyes so they pop a little more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.