9 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » News

Subject: Attack Wing Wave 27: I.K.S. Gr’oth (Repaint) Preview rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.startrek.com/article/attack-wing-wave-27-i-k-s-gr...

Perhaps not the most exciting ship stat-wise but who doesn't love Projected Stasis Field and Cyrano Jones?

The most exciting part of this preview for me is that the next one we get is the NEW ship for the wave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I legally own hundreds of polyhedral assault dice!
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've gotten to the point where I actually like that weird, Wave 0 D7 model.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Horinek
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
Dan Dare, 1950
badge
Stairway scare, Dan Dare, who's there!
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. There are two reasons for that:
1. The old model has better defined details and the canopy is easily repairable.
2. It has a better quality cards. They used to be glossy with a nice contrast. Nowadays the cards are matt and blunt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard spangle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know, I really like the cards, but I still think they messed up on the model. it's not flat grey and it's not smooth hulled, not this TMP detailed hull. I took a Micro-Machine and based it so that I could use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
demonllama wrote:
I don't know, I really like the cards, but I still think they messed up on the model. it's not flat grey and it's not smooth hulled, not this TMP detailed hull. I took a Micro-Machine and based it so that I could use it.

That is because they took the same model for both the D7 and the K'Tinga class and just kept reusing them (yes there have been a couple different molds of them, the less detailed one with the sideways bridge and no torpedo hole was actually from the cloaked model from the Heroclix game).

I know a lot of people who have taken a file or sandpaper to the K'Tinga looking models that are supposed to be D7's and actually removed all that paneling on the wings and made them nice and smooth like they should be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
demonllama wrote:

Did the same thing. STAW models for the K'Tingas and Micromachines for the D-7's. Works great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our store still has a couple of the original Gr'Oths in stock, but it got me thinking... has anyone ever ran 3 ships, each with PSF? You could run K'Tingas and two sets of Fighters too. Good lord that would be an annoying build.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I legally own hundreds of polyhedral assault dice!
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maizrim wrote:
Our store still has a couple of the original Gr'Oths in stock, but it got me thinking... has anyone ever ran 3 ships, each with PSF? You could run K'Tingas and two sets of Fighters too. Good lord that would be an annoying build.

I think the most PSF I've used in a list is two. I figured if I couldn't get the job done with two, my opponent deserved to win. But three sounds like it would be fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
It's a fun trick but it guts your offense. Only way around it (in faction) is Barrage of Fire, but then you are at 20SP of discards in a single turn. Most people won't pay that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.