Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
fer moros
South Korea
Kwang-Ju
Gwangju
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I bought a couple of copies of this game 10 years ago on ebay, some of the first ones on my collection. They are different versions and the rules seem to differ a bit.
In any case, every time I read the rules I found situations that are not explained well, and that stops me from trying to play it with my kids.

(I think before there was a file with the rules on the site, but now it is gone)

Right, my questions are:

* You hold somebody hostage by landing on the same space and the first piece goes to the "H" corner. I assume that if the captor leaves the spot, the hostage is free to go?

* Let's say there is a captor and a hostage on a space. A third color lands in the same space. Does anything changes?

* So if we have yellow hostage and a blue captor. And red also arrives to same spot (also standing as a captor). What happens in these 2 situations:
a- A second yellow arrives. Does yellow kill both captors or only one?
b- A blue arrives. So we have 2xblues and one read out, and one yellow hostage. Who dies?

*Rules say that the "ganglord can be hold hostage, but only killed by the hit man (roulette)". We also know that 2 pieces of the same color will kill a single piece of a different color.
So, lets say I have two pieces on a spot, they are holding a ganglord hostage. I this case, rules say they can not kill him, only hold him hostage. Another piece of the same color as the hostage ganglord arrives.
What happens?

Thanks a lot and happy games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fmoros wrote:
Hi, I bought a couple of copies of this game 10 years ago on ebay, some of the first ones on my collection. They are different versions and the rules seem to differ a bit.
In any case, every time I read the rules I found situations that are not explained well, and that stops me from trying to play it with my kids.

(I think before there was a file with the rules on the site, but now it is gone)

Right, my questions are:

1 You hold somebody hostage by landing on the same space and the first piece goes to the "H" corner. I assume that if the captor leaves the spot, the hostage is free to go?

2 Let's say there is a captor and a hostage on a space. A third color lands in the same space. Does anything changes?

So if we have yellow hostage and a blue captor. And red also arrives to same spot (also standing as a captor). What happens in these 2 situations:
a- A second yellow arrives. Does yellow kill both captors or only one?
b- A blue arrives. So we have 2xblues and one read out, and one yellow hostage. Who dies?

4 Rules say that the "ganglord can be hold hostage, but only killed by the hit man (roulette)". We also know that 2 pieces of the same color will kill a single piece of a different color.
So, lets say I have two pieces on a spot, they are holding a ganglord hostage. I this case, rules say they can not kill him, only hold him hostage. Another piece of the same color as the hostage ganglord arrives.
What happens?

Thanks a lot and happy games!

I've numbered your questions for easier answering.

1. Hostage is no longer a hostage if the captor leaves the space.

2. You can't have more than 2 different gangs on the same space. So this can't occur.

3.My rules say nothing about Godfather exceptions. Anything can 'kill' him. The only exception is that he isn't removed from the game like henchmen, just goes back to base and has to start again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fer moros
South Korea
Kwang-Ju
Gwangju
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh! I can see 2 files with the rules now. I did not see them before shake I would swear there were not there... but I better not.
I will study them thoroughly and will comment again. thanks.

By the way, this is a link to an exact copy of my rules (1988):
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3216840/fmoros
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3216841/fmoros

I would like -with your help- whistle to compare the various rules versions to firstly, come out with the real rules of the game, and if there are variants that may make this game better use those variants, as long as they make the game better and not just a result from translation mistakes or interpretations.. I am convinced that this can be a simple fun game to play with the family.

Just at first glimpse, I see this:
For instance, in the two sets posted on the files section, Godfathers are not eliminated. But on my set one way to win is if your Godfather is the only one left on the game. (And in this case, I think, it is a better rule if players are not eliminated from the game, just they are forced to start again)

Anybody knows the origin of the rules posted on the files section:
Are they a personal interpretation of the English rules?
Translation from other languages?
or simply rules that appeared in later versions of the game and therefore the differences?

I will be posting here the other differences as I read the three papers and another rules set from Borras (the Spanish game maker)

Happy games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.