$15.00
$30.00
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know you can battle or go to war with other players, but is there anything else?

And do you score VP all at once at the end or throughout? Is it obvious who is winning? Or is VP hidden mostly?

And is there bash the leader? And is there a lot of variance/replayability?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Other than war, there isn't much other take-that elements that aren't inherent in worker placement and auction games (taking something someone else needs).

The only obvious VP is what you get from scoring at the end of the Ages from occupying the regions. Other VPs are not 100% hidden, but not tracked on the VP track. These are from conquering, trade, and buildings. They are, however, public information at one time or another, so if you have a photographic memory, you could, in theory, know everyone's score exactly. Most of the points are from region occupation, though, so I'd say the score is half obvious, half murky, zero hidden.

There's an awareness of leadership and trying to stop them, but it's not that easy other than through war.

As for variance, no, there's not THAT much variance. There's some variance from the buildings (you don't see all the buildings in every game) and the order of the trade goods. I suppose the discovery tiles are also mixed. But the flow of the game is the same every time. I'd say you can go into the game with a strategy, then need to alter your strategy based on what building tiles come out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.