Hide
7 Posts

Tiny Epic Western» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules confusion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Crouch
msg tools
My copy of the game just arrived and my friends and I love it! It was a ton of fun to play, but we were confused by the dueling mechanic. Can you duel at every space including porches and the Sherriff's Leftover space?

There's no mention of what happens if you're wounded on a buy space when that event occurs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simo Ahava
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Rules confusion for dueling
Every placement spot is valid for a duel. Page 10: "If you want to use a placement spot that is already occupied by another player's Posse Token, you must start a duel."
Impossibeard wrote:
There's no mention of what happens if you're wounded on a buy space when that event occurs.

Page 11: "A wound Posse can...Buy the Building Card at the location it is at, if it is available."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Crouch
msg tools
But that's in regard to the section it is at. Not the Sherriff's leftover space that has a buy action for another location.

also...What happens when you're on a porch location that for some reason (like the auction house) changes it's building during round 2 to a building that has an instantaneous effect? Do you get it because you're already there? Or does it only activate for new posse members who go there after it is built?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simo Ahava
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoever won the leftover space gets to use its benefit, it's no way different from other spots. The benefit just happens to take place in the Buy stage. Thus, when it's time to buy the leftover building, whoever is standing gets to do so.

Not certain about the second question though I have a vague memory it's been answered in these forums.

EDIT: Actually, it's stated in the Rules (missing a page reference) that any buildings acquired in Phase 2 (due to card effects, for example) cannot actually be placed before end of Phase 4, so the problem in question doesn't actually arise. Reference: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1644601/i-missed-rule-so-ju...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Crouch
msg tools
Thank you! That makes a lot of sense.
Can't believe I missed that. So that does disqualify you from purchasing another building in round 4 right?
Do you get to choose which one of the two (if you can purchase two) gets places in front at your porch?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simo Ahava
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Impossibeard wrote:
Thank you! That makes a lot of sense.
Can't believe I missed that. So that does disqualify you from purchasing another building in round 4 right?
Do you get to choose which one of the two (if you can purchase two) gets places in front at your porch?

No, you still get to buy a building on a mat where your Posse member is as that's something you can always do once during the Buy phase.

According to the designer (here: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/22330526#22330526), the most recent building you acquire is the one that goes on top of your building stack. Auction House made you acquire the building already during Phase 2, so it's "trumped" by the building you buy in Phase 4.

If you also have the Leftover Building ability, you would buy that at the end of Phase 4, meaning it would go even on top of the building you bought during Phase 4.

So to sum up (please correct me somebody if I'm completely mistaken):

1) You buy a building (X) with Auction House during Phase 2, setting it aside
2) When Phase 4 comes and it's your turn to buy, you buy another building (Y) from a mat with your Posse member
3) When Phase 4 ends and you have a standing Posse member on the Leftover Building space, you can now buy one more building (Z) out of those left for purchase.
4) Finally, you stack the buildings under your mat so that X is placed first, then Y on top of that, and finally Z on top of the stack, available for the next round.

Simo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Crouch
msg tools
You're my hero of the day! Can't wait to play again...correctly!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.