Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonny Baggs
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mb
Hi,

I want to take Wiz War to my local board game meetup bar but most players are a little novice to understand complex rules or conditions.

So I'm wondering how should I customize the game to have the fewest amount of tokens and dense rule cards?

Just easy run and gun spell game.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coniff
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
"Behold, a treasure more valuable than gold."
mbmbmbmbmb
If my memory serves me correctly, most of the tokens in the deck are in the alchemy or conjuration deck. If I was going to set up for novices (really the game isn't too difficult once you get used to the card rules), this is how I'd set it up:

Mentalism
Elemental
Mutation (that way you can use all the miniatures)
Cantrips.

That should use the least amount of tokens. (you're still going to want the damage tokens and wall tokens, plus wall of fire.

I usually do that and leave all rules in place.

You really only have to explain some of the more confusing card interactions like wall of earth/full shield with lightning bolt etc. Make sure you know those cards and can make a decision on how they interact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Baggs
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the heads up. I have to go through the cards. I don't know if I want to use Mutations to start with. I was informed on reddit about the Glookose Variant and I'm going to try to "stream line" it as possible as so many people at my board game meet ups are weak rule comprehension causal players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coniff
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
"Behold, a treasure more valuable than gold."
mbmbmbmbmb
What exactly is the Glookose Variant? I'll try googling it, but I am curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Kendrick
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
This is not normal.
badge
mbmbmb
WisdomForWizards wrote:
What exactly is the Glookose Variant? I'll try googling it, but I am curious.

It was a variant submitted by BGG user glookose that harkens back to the original Wiz-War.

You can read it here:

Why the new version seems unfun and my suggestions to make it fun again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.