3 Posts

Arkham Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mythos cards rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Proulx
Canada
flag msg tools
Can someone explain to me how the mythose cards work? I know that there is there I'd three catagories but if you get an environmental mythos card in one phase then the next phase get a rumor mythos card, would they both be in play?
I love this game but this seems to be the only thing I'm stuck on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can only have three Mythos cards in play at a time... one Headline, one Environment and one Rumor.

Most headlines go away as soon as they are played.* A few stick around until the next Mythos is drawn, and then go away; if this is the case, the card will say so.

If an Environment is drawn, and there is already an Environment card in play, the one in play is discarded. The new Environment stays in play until another Environment is drawn. (A few, like "Then Came Jones" will go away earlier, but if this is the case, the card will say so.) It does not matter what kind of Environment cards are drawn or are in play; the types (Mystic, Weather and Urban) are only there for other cards to refer to. A Mystic can replace an Urban, and so on.

If a Rumor is drawn and there is no Rumor currently in play, the new Rumor enters play. If there IS a Rumor in play, go ahead and resolve the Gate and Monster Movement parts of the card as normal, then discard the new Rumor... the old one stays in play until it is passed or failed.

*The order in which the elements of a Mythos card are resolved is a bit strange. Start in the Lower Left and resolve the Gate; then hop to the middle and do the Clue Placement. (There are no new clues placed for Rumor cards.) Go to the Lower Right and move the Monsters, and finish up with the card text at the top.

Just remember that the three categories are independant of each other; there can only be one of each at a time, but they do not affect each other.

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Proulx
Canada
flag msg tools
Thanks! That does clear things up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.