Hide
8 Posts

Scythe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Quick question: end-game scoring structure adjacency bonus rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Fletcher
msg tools
Some of the bonuses are for the number of tiles you have adjacent to your structures (e.g. total number of adjacent lakes, total number of adjacent tunnels). Do you also count the tile the structure itself is built on? (e.g. if the bonus is for total number of adjacent tunnels, would you get credit if you built your monument or whatever directly on top of the tunnel?).

Also, the one where the structures need to be in a line - how exactly is that defined?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On top of a tunnel is Not adjacent to a tunnel, so no bonus, imo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spetznova wrote:
Do you also count the tile the structure itself is built on?

When you are asked to have structures adjacent to [this], you only count the structures that are adjacent to [ŧhis].

spetznova wrote:
Also, the one where the structures need to be in a line - how exactly is that defined?

When you are asked to have structures in line, you only count the structures that are ... in line.

I'm pretty sure it's explained in detail on the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riku Koskinen
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
spetznova wrote:

When you are asked to have structures in line, you only count the structures that are ... in line.

I'm pretty sure it's explained in detail on the rulebook.

The rulebook says:

Number of your structures in a row (any continuous straight line is fine; only count the longest row of structures you have; rivers do not break continuity).

Now English is not my native language so I don't know if it should be obvious, but how literally should I interpret the straight line? I first thought that for this scoring the buildings should just be adjacent to each other, but straight line is not the same. A straight line would require a set of 3 buildings to be constructed so that the middle building has the neighbours on exact opposite sides of the hexagon.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
/ \_/ \_/ \ / \_/ \_/ \ / \_/ \_/ \
\_/B\_/ \_/ \_/ \_/B\_/ \_/ \_/B\_/
/ \_/B\_/ \ / \_/B\_/B\ / \_/B\_/B\
\_/ \_/B\_/ \_/B\_/ \_/ \_/ \_/B\_/
/ \_/ \_/B\ / \_/ \_/ \ / \_/ \_/ \
\_/ \_/ \_/ \_/ \_/ \_/ \_/ \_/ \_/

4 in row 3 or 4? 2 or 4?

Are all of those above setups max points or only the first one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Padish wrote:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
/ \_/ \_/ \ / \_/ \_/ \ / \_/ \_/ \
\_/B\_/ \_/ \_/ \_/B\_/ \_/ \_/B\_/
/ \_/B\_/ \ / \_/B\_/B\ / \_/B\_/B\
\_/ \_/B\_/ \_/B\_/ \_/ \_/ \_/B\_/
/ \_/ \_/B\ / \_/ \_/ \ / \_/ \_/ \
\_/ \_/ \_/ \_/ \_/ \_/ \_/ \_/ \_/

4 in row 3 or 4? 2 or 4?
Are all of those above setups max points or only the first one?
Only the first one. In each case, your first guess at the score is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riku Koskinen
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK I think that makes sense. Scoring maximum even with several players would be quite easy otherwise. But lakes make it quite hard to try to get even a line of 3 structures, because there are not many straight paths on the game board. Also an opponent could ninja-build his or her own building on the same path before you are finished, removing your ability to score much from the building scoring even if you have still two buildings left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Slade
msg tools
mbmb
I have scoured through the rulebook but can't find any mention of the structure bonus tile definitions. What page is it on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's pretty much all of page 19:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.