Subject: Damnit Paypal! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonny Borders
United Kingdom
Falmouth
Cornwall
flag msg tools
So I'm EU and eventually got through to checkout yesterday with a first shipment of the game.

Selected PayPal as the payment and carried on through to the PayPal website. Excitement.

On the PayPal site my preferred funding source doesn't seem to be there to select but below the 'Continue' button it says "You'll be able to review your order before you complete your purchase." So, I think I'll just hit continue and maybe I'll be able to select it on the next page.

Nope, the purchase goes through straight away on a funding source I do NOT want €80 coming out of so I panic and try to cancel the transaction via PayPal but can't. So I go back to Riot and cancel it from their end thinking I'll just go back and re-order. Nope. By then EU is on to the second shipment and it seems crazy to me to fork out €80 on something that isn't going to arrive for 2 months.

I've tried contacting both sides but nothing back yet. It's just so sad looking at that first shipment order cancelled in my Riot transaction history!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Gambatese
United States
Mentor
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had problems using PayPal as well
Eventually just used a credit card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Borders
United Kingdom
Falmouth
Cornwall
flag msg tools
Yeah PayPay credit is the only form of credit card I have and it wasn't showing for whatever reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jonnyborders wrote:
So I'm EU and eventually got through to checkout yesterday with a first shipment of the game.

Selected PayPal as the payment and carried on through to the PayPal website. Excitement.

On the PayPal site my preferred funding source doesn't seem to be there to select but below the 'Continue' button it says "You'll be able to review your order before you complete your purchase." So, I think I'll just hit continue and maybe I'll be able to select it on the next page.

Nope, the purchase goes through straight away on a funding source I do NOT want €80 coming out of so I panic and try to cancel the transaction via PayPal but can't. So I go back to Riot and cancel it from their end thinking I'll just go back and re-order. Nope. By then EU is on to the second shipment and it seems crazy to me to fork out €80 on something that isn't going to arrive for 2 months.

I've tried contacting both sides but nothing back yet. It's just so sad looking at that first shipment order cancelled in my Riot transaction history!

Who have you talked to on Riot's end? Could I get your support ticket number? I'll try to poke people on this end to at least get you an answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Borders
United Kingdom
Falmouth
Cornwall
flag msg tools
Ah man thank you so much for the response. The support ticket is 23720778.
Not spoke to anyone about it yet. It's my own silly fault really. I just panicked with the funds being taken from somewhere I didn't want them to be!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.