Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » General

Subject: Invoice Received! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John D
Ireland
flag msg tools
Wow....just been emailed my invoice!

I could be wrong, but I think this might mean that it is already on it's way!

If it is, I'll be gob-smacked
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tian Gong
New Zealand
flag msg tools
From what I understand, around 2000 units will ship per day, so just over a week to get the 1st shipment out

I think they estimate 1-2 weeks in NA for everyone to receive the 1st shipment
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I got invoice late last night when certainly no one in EU was working, definitely not postal services. So it's just an invoice from Riot side for your order.

Shipment confirmation should be sent separately.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
I got invoice late last night when certainly no one in EU was working, definitely not postal services. So it's just an invoice from Riot side for your order.

Shipment confirmation should be sent separately.


Glad to see you figured out a way to get the game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thebaker1983 wrote:
Slashdoctor wrote:
I got invoice late last night when certainly no one in EU was working, definitely not postal services. So it's just an invoice from Riot side for your order.

Shipment confirmation should be sent separately.


Glad to see you figured out a way to get the game.


There are companies (called parcel forwarders) you can ship to in Europe that will redirect packages to you. It costs more, but nowhere near EBay prices that this is going for today.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John D
Ireland
flag msg tools
Ah well, nothing wrong with wishful thinking....right?

Still though, I wouldn't be surprised if Riot manage to impress even more than they already have.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas -
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a European Wave 1 - Shipment #2 and I also already got an invoice. So that definitely does not mean imminent shipping.

(I hope it does also not mean they will be taking the money now. That is not even legal here in Denmark.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ThomasDN wrote:
I'm a European Wave 1 - Shipment #2 and I also already got an invoice. So that definitely does not mean imminent shipping.

(I hope it does also not mean they will be taking the money now. That is not even legal here in Denmark.)


Oh, I didn't know that. Paid pre-orders are not legal in Denmark? How about Kickstarter?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas -
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
ThomasDN wrote:
I'm a European Wave 1 - Shipment #2 and I also already got an invoice. So that definitely does not mean imminent shipping.

(I hope it does also not mean they will be taking the money now. That is not even legal here in Denmark.)


Oh, I didn't know that. Paid pre-orders are not legal in Denmark? How about Kickstarter?

I don't know about pre-orders, and Kickstarter is not a shop per se, is it?

I was referring to ordinary purchases in web shops. But it seems I may have spoken too soon. After a bit of googling I now believe that common EU rules have replaced what once was. This particular thing seems to be not covered by those common rules so a seller may in fact collect as soon as I have ordered. I stand corrected.

The only thing I can find "in my favor" is that the Nordic ombudsmen have the common view that it is bad practice to collect payment before the goods are being sent. A point of view I fully support.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ThomasDN wrote:
Slashdoctor wrote:
ThomasDN wrote:
I'm a European Wave 1 - Shipment #2 and I also already got an invoice. So that definitely does not mean imminent shipping.

(I hope it does also not mean they will be taking the money now. That is not even legal here in Denmark.)


Oh, I didn't know that. Paid pre-orders are not legal in Denmark? How about Kickstarter?

I don't know about pre-orders, and Kickstarter is not a shop per se, is it?

I was referring to ordinary purchases in web shops. But it seems I may have spoken too soon. After a bit of googling I now believe that common EU rules have replaced what once was. This particular thing seems to be not covered by those common rules so a seller may in fact collect as soon as I have ordered. I stand corrected.

The only thing I can find "in my favor" is that the Nordic ombudsmen have the common view that it is bad practice to collect payment before the goods are being sent. A point of view I fully support.


It's interesting to hear about such viewpoint. I personally prefer pre-orders to take my funds immediately, since in this case I have control over when money leaves my account. Otherwise I may forget a pre-order and end up with a surprise at the wrong time
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas -
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Budgets, dude!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.